Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Please follow the quotes instructions for the most up to date driver:
Thank you for all of your help. I was able to get the following kext downloaded and it just worked perfectly for the first time in months. I have been reformatting and reinstalling OS El Capitan several times and now it looks like it is working perfectly.

If anyone else has E2400 NIC i suggest they install this kext and hope it works. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ros-ar816x-ar817x-and-killer-e220x/?p=2192549

Mac App Store works perfect and didn't have to make any changes at all. Getting perfect speeds and was able to download the XCode app from MAS (which is over 4gbs) in under a minute.

Super stoked:headbang:

Last edited:
Can confirm, it works, thanks a ton !

Hi,

I made minor changes to the drivers at https://github.com/Mieze/AtherosE2200Ethernet to support the E2400 Killer NIC.

While the changes don't go upstream, I attached the compiled binary here: View attachment 161623

I am using at this moment to post this, so I'm sure it works :lol:

Edit: compiled it on El Capitan with Xcode 7.1.1 targetting SDK 10.11

I installed this kext using both DPCIManager and kext wizard but when i restart my hack there is no ethernet driver that shows up.

do i rename the kext to E2400?

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 12.14.17 PM.jpg

Hi,

I made minor changes to the drivers at https://github.com/Mieze/AtherosE2200Ethernet to support the E2400 Killer NIC.

While the changes don't go upstream, I attached the compiled binary here: View attachment 161623

I am using at this moment to post this, so I'm sure it works :lol:

Edit: compiled it on El Capitan with Xcode 7.1.1 targetting SDK 10.11

Hi - just checking back with you on this kext. how would i use this kext for the E2400 killer nic if it doesn't show up in the acpi table? i created this thread here if you could offer any additional guidance on how to get this ethernet nic to work, that would be awesome. thanks!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...al-question-not-serializable.html#post1152282

Hi,

I am sorry, I don't have much experience in the hackintosh world and I am at the end of term with exams so I will only continue to acquire more knowledge only after I finish my term.

Can you check on linux that your lspci -nnn has the following entry (important part in bold):
Ethernet controller [0200]: Qualcomm Atheros Device [1969:e0a1]

I don't know how to answer your question about the ACPI from the top of my head, but I will check back in the middle of December to see if mine appears in the ACPI table - I have not checked it.

There is no need to rename the driver, just install it with kext wizard and repair permissions and ownerships.

It should print to your dmesg so you can dmesg | grep E2200 to see if it was loaded.

Hi,

I am sorry, I don't have much experience in the hackintosh world and I am at the end of term with exams so I will only continue to acquire more knowledge only after I finish my term.

Can you check on linux that your lspci -nnn has the following entry (important part in bold):

I don't know how to answer your question about the ACPI from the top of my head, but I will check back in the middle of December to see if mine appears in the ACPI table - I have not checked it.

There is no need to rename the driver, just install it with kext wizard and repair permissions and ownerships.

It should print to your dmesg so you can dmesg | grep E2200 to see if it was loaded.

no problem, thank you so far and good luck on your term

still having some trouble if you don't mind to take a quick look

I don't have a way to check the lspci entry via linux but I can see through my DPCIManager that the numbers match (1969 E0A1 1462 7883) Qualcomm Atheros

got it on renaming, did not rename.

it does not show up in my dmesg, however in my system log I am getting the following error
Nov 25 14:58:18 NZXTs-iMac com.apple.kextd[43]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext"
Nov 25 14:58:18 NZXTs-iMac kernel[0]: Ethernet [AtherosE2200]: Unknown chip. Aborting.
Nov 25 14:58:19 NZXTs-iMac com.apple.kextcache[579]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
Nov 25 15:01:51 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [AtherosE2200]: Unknown chip. Aborting.
Nov 25 15:09:09 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet, v1.0.2: already have prelinked v2.0.1.
Nov 25 15:09:09 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [AtherosE2200]: Unknown chip. Aborting.

do you have any idea why this would be happening?

any help would be very very appreciated.

Hi,

when i try to type in "sudo dmesg | grep E2200" nothing happens at all. it just gives me a new terminal command line. (* which i assume means that it wasn't loaded? =_)

seems that maybe there is a previous kext that clover loaded that could be causing this kext not to properly be installed? is there a way to figure out exactly how to remove any kext that is conflicting with the E2400 kext that I am trying to install?

thanks so much for any help that you can provide.

when i try to type in "sudo dmesg | grep E2200" nothing happens at all. it just gives me a new terminal command line. (* which i assume means that it wasn't loaded? =_)

Or it could mean it was a lower case 'e'.

Better to look at system.log in Console.app.

By the error messages that you posted in bold, your device id seems to be different.

I changed the message to print the unknown device id so we can diagnose it better, it follows attached at the end of this post.

As always, RehabMan is correct :p Use Console.app and its search function on the top left of the window and search for 2200

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 12.23.43 AM.png

Use this kext, which prints the 4 hexadecimal characters of the device id: View attachment AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext-prints-unknown-chip.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back