Zotac GeForce GTX760 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I'm a successful Hackintosh user since the end of 2013, but now I'd really like to upgrade: As I am doing very much with After Effects lately and I'm planning to get a little bit deeper into it, I want to get a new Graphics Card.

The GTX760 that I have now is not certified for the Adobe 3D Ray-tracing technology, so it's actually pretty useless for me. Adobe recommends using a Quadro, so I looked into that.

I heard about the Quadro 4000 for Mac and thought, "perfect, then I won't have any problems with Hackintosh". But then I saw the price. That's way out of my budget (I'm a student).

Actually, the only Quadro that I can afford is the 2000.

Does anyone run a K2000 on a Hackintosh? That would be awesome :thumbup:

And if yes, I would like to know if it works out of the box or if I need to do anything (if yes what) to get it running :angel:

Hey guys,

I'm a successful Hackintosh user since the end of 2013, but now I'd really like to upgrade: As I am doing very much with After Effects lately and I'm planning to get a little bit deeper into it, I want to get a new Graphics Card.

The GTX760 that I have now is not certified for the Adobe 3D Ray-tracing technology, so it's actually pretty useless for me. Adobe recommends using a Quadro, so I looked into that.

I heard about the Quadro 4000 for Mac and thought, "perfect, then I won't have any problems with Hackintosh". But then I saw the price. That's way out of my budget (I'm a student).

Actually, the only Quadro that I can afford is the 2000.

Does anyone run a K2000 on a Hackintosh? That would be awesome :thumbup:

And if yes, I would like to know if it works out of the box or if I need to do anything (if yes what) to get it running :angel:

Hello
also I have this cards and I have a problem with the OS X Sierra I tried to install NVIDA WEB and options nvda_drv = 1
but unfortunately it did not work. Does anyone had this card to run OSX SIERRA

Hello,

I'm running a Quadro K2000 on a Sierra Hackintosh.
The only thing I had to struggle with was the Mac model : my previous MacBook3,1 didn't see the card, I had to switch to iMac14,2. Runs fine, with or without Web drivers.

Best,

Hello,

I'm running a Quadro K2000 on a Sierra Hackintosh.
The only thing I had to struggle with was the Mac model : my previous MacBook3,1 didn't see the card, I had to switch to iMac14,2. Runs fine, with or without Web drivers.

Best,

Also looking into this.
I am thinking of getting a K2000 to push 2 x 4K displays at 60 Hz but I need OOB support, so I don't want any WebDrivers.
What did you have to do to get it work and what model is it?

Also looking into this.
I am thinking of getting a K2000 to push 2 x 4K displays at 60 Hz but I need OOB support, so I don't want any WebDrivers.
What did you have to do to get it work and what model is it?

I just set the model to iMac14,2. Then boot without nvidia drivers and it should be OK. OS version is Sierra, 10.12.6.

Best,

I just set the model to iMac14,2. Then boot without nvidia drivers and it should be OK. OS version is Sierra, 10.12.6.

Best,
Ok cool! In the end I got a GTX 760 which works just as well. But I guess the K2000 is a good alternative as well.

Using an nvidia K2000 out of the box compatible with MacOS Catalina with no modifications required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back