CPU
2x Xeon E5620
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, S̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶M̶a̶v̶e̶r̶i̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶(̶n̶e̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶s̶x̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶)̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶V̶I̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶
Updated: OS X Sierra is now installed I can see the screen but now the GPU is identified as NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB any graphics options like GraphicsEnabler=Yes nvda_drv=1 simply fail to boot the OS

I've searched around and cant seem to find any solutions except modifying NVDAGF100Hal.kext and adding the card manually I only have the device id (05FF = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800") I don't know how to convert the 05FF part to the longer string that is required
w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶-̶v̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶V̶i̶d̶i̶a̶ ̶Q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶o̶ ̶F̶X̶ ̶3̶8̶0̶0̶ ̶1̶0̶2̶4̶m̶b̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶g̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶P̶C̶I̶R̶o̶o̶t̶U̶I̶D̶=̶1̶
n̶p̶c̶i̶=̶0̶x̶2̶0̶0̶0̶
-̶v̶
-̶x̶
I'm not sure what else to try I'm so close to getting this build to work

Last edited:
Inject/Nvidia is enabled?

I don't think modifying NVDAGF100 is the correct approach, as your GPU is based on Tesla architecture, but that kext is meant for Fermi GPUs.

Okay so I installed 10.12 and now I can see the screen but the GPU still doesn't work as it should (says NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB)
but at least I can work with it anything that's not nv_disable=1 this far, has simply just crashed when loading the OS
my system definition is Mac Pro 5,1 if that matters

Last edited:
Did you try installing the Nvidia WebDrivers? Your GPU is quite exotic, maybe the Apple drivers don't support it.
Yep tried that and did the boot option nvda_drv=1 but still doesn't work

Installing EmuVariableUefi to your Clover folder should do it. I think recent versions of Clover already have a similar method implemented by default.
Okay I put that file in it didn't change anything what should I do now

Verify that your NVRAM is actually working now:
NVRAM Testing: You can test if your NVRAM is working by running the following Terminal command and rebooting: sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld; once you reboot, run sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'; if you see a result, your NVRAM is working; if not, your NVRAM is broken and needs to be fixed, or otherwise iMessage won't work; after testing, you can delete the TestVar variable by running sudo nvram -d TestVar
Source: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/3bjxhl/dual_boot_issue_noob_question/csn8nfd/

If it is working (and you've enabled the WebDrivers), then I don't think there's much you could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back