Radeon HD5450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there
Now, I have a ML hackintosh with two displays connected right now. I'm looking for a way to get 4 monitors working.
As I have i5-3550 processor, it does not have hd4000 igpu so I can't really use igpu+current radeon hd5450.
We already ordered couple of Radeon HD7770 for 4 monitor support, but only for windows computers since they do not work on ML, right?

Current mobo is Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, so dual cards is a no go because of one pcie port.
Is there any card that could achieve 4 monitor output, without huge price tag?

Next full computer setups we are ordering includes z77 motherboard with 2x Geforce GT610 / 2x Geforce GT640 for 4/6-monitor setups, but I'm looking to convert this current build into 4 monitor setup without changing motherboard.

The displays we're using do not have displayport but hdmi and dvi, with 1920x1080 resolution. I do realise we need amd card with active displayport adapters, or expensive new 6xx geforce.

Does any of you have recommendations? Or general thoughts about quad monitor setups. Any feedback is appreciated.

Best regards,
-fisle

HD6870 with 5 ports layout.

Yeah that seems to be pretty much the only device for the task.
The configuration should be breeze, AtiConfig=Duckweed seems to do it.
Thanks for your input.

I do believe that the two DVI ports do not work on the 6870 at the same time still.
You will have to run out of the One DVI, both mini display ports and the HDMI port.

I do believe that the two DVI ports do not work on the 6870 at the same time still.
You will have to run out of the One DVI, both mini display ports and the HDMI port.

Oh is that so. Well the displays support also hdmi, *phew* another close call! seems like active displayport adapters is the only issue I face in my quest to achieve 4 displays..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back