Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello Everyone

Congrats on having such a fantastic site and helpful community!

I have managed to avoid for the most part posting stupid questions and attempted to do my own research to help keep the road clear for others in a easily confusing topic but have recently come stuck with FCPX & QT.

In FCPX on both the previous version and the new 10.4 I am unable to export a file in H264.
"The operation could not be completed because an error occurred while exporting (error -12912)."
I am ok to export in every other format tried including the new H265.

Today I was attempting to screen record my setup and QT has been crashing. I am presuming due to the same issue.

My setup is

gigabyte z170 ga-z170x-ud5 th atx
Intel 6700k
AMD RADEON 480 8gb (Internal graphics is disabled, I have tried auto also but this does not appear to work.)

Can anyone shed any light on this? I am assuming this is a quick sync issue, onboard encoding related but then why would h265 be ok?

Thanks and If this is a newbie error I apologise.

Chris

Hello Everyone

I have managed to avoid for the most part posting stupid questions and attempted to do my own research to help keep the road clear for others in a easily confusing topic but have recently come stuck with FCPX & QT.

In FCPX on both the previous version and the new 10.4 I am unable to export a file in H264.
"The operation could not be completed because an error occurred while exporting (error -12912)."

Today I was attempting to screen record my setup and QT has been crashing. I am presuming due to the same issue.

My setup is

Intel 6700k
AMD RADEON 480 8gb (Internal graphics is disabled, I have tried auto also but this does not appear to work.)

Can anyone shed any light on this? I am assuming this is a quick sync issue, onboard encoding related but then why would h265 be ok?

Chris

I just tested this myself and I got the same problems as you when running with just my RX 560. I then turned on both integrated graphics as well as my 560 and both screen recording and exporting as h264 worked.

What SMBIOS are you using? I'm using iMac18,3

Hello Everyone

My setup is

Intel 6700k

Chris

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hics-in-imac-17-1.216447/page-30#post-1616180

Good Day bortoni,
Which brand you bought...
How abt fcpx performance with rx 560 card.
Is this fine for 4k edit... (I think I'm expecting more..)
Could you suggest any link to install this gpu...
Kindly confirm your valuable feedback and advance thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back