Contribute
Register

QE/CI Randomly stops working on HD4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan I managed to fix it, it was truly an amazing experience and for sure a huge learning curve.

Short explained:

I extracted my bios region using UEFITool and replaced the BIOS region in the FULL "SPI" image, this gave me a FULL SPI image (Found on the internet).
I flashed this image using Flashrom and my Raspberry PI,

FLASH.jpg

Okay, so now i'm sure i have a ME region in my bios and now I just need to clean it, so quick assembly to get it the device in working state. Removed the CMOS battery and holded the power button 10 SEC to reset the EC/and reset bios to defaults.

Now I needed to replace the ME region in my bios with A clean image, there is a nice guide on the winraid forum.

See:

http://www.win-raid.com/t1658f39-Guide-Clean-the-Engine-Initialized-DATA-section-of-a-SPI-dump.html

Afterwards I had a working ME interface and was able to boot by mac os with FULL QE/CI.

So I learned allot and technically it's always wise to test the ME interface after you did a bios flash, or even before installing any Mac OS on your device. For example once I updated my bios to the latest version my "ME Firmware" stopped working again, then you just need to issue the fptw64 -greset command and reboot to make it work again.

However my LAN interface is detected but not working anymore, not sure why but will fix this later, I first wanted to make a new DSDT because it's possible that it's different now.

Toetje583

Hi I have the same problem with my Toshiba c55-a i3 3110m . HM76. InsideO2H - bios ... so it's the same ( randomly stop to work qe/ci ) I have question where you take Clean ME... région and another software to do this manipulation ? Thanks

I have the same problem. How can I fix. Im using G500 Laptop. My files are listed below link. Please help me. I need a Mac OS for work.

If it works out, it would be a good topic ("How to fix broken IMEI") to have (this problem is rare, but does happen occasionally).
Sir i have same issue please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back