I3 3110M
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

So for a few days now i'm trying to setup an hackintosh on my Medion Akoya E6232, it's an Ivy Bridge HM76 Chipset, using the Intel I3 3110M 2.4 Ghz CPU/IGP HD4000, and 16GB ram, 120GB SSD Kingston, The Audio Codec is the ALC269VC (Dumped it in linux).

The screen is broken so i'm only able to use he HDMI port for now I don't know if this is causing the issue but I just wanted to include it here. Also i'm using dual boot mode when I select UEFI mode the HDMI port is not working until i get into OSX, also it enables the broken screen and stretches/clones it. (So i'm not able to see the post or entering the bios).

First I used an Sandy Bridge cpu on it (Core i7-2600K 4 Cores) however this baby is having an HD3000 IGP and somehow I read that they don't work that well in hackintosh. So i putted the I3 3110M back.

I installed my hackintosh (Sierra) with UniBeast, I download the config_HD4000_1366x768.plist renamed it to config.plist (Changed it to match my hardware)and changed the RtVariables, to make it boot with the newest clover. I was able to reach the installation without any problems.

So after installation I dumped my SSDT's and DSDT using clover (F4) method, that time I didn't had any DropOEM=True in my config.plis just to mention. I followed RehabMan dsdt/ssdt patching guide and injected them to clover (Also included in attachment). After reboot I had Full QE/CI. however without adjusting anything QE/CI stops working, and I discovered removing my SSDT's makes it to work again. Then I placed them back again, rebooted a few times and it was still working.

However this morning i booted it up and it didn't work anymore. I'm not sure what's going on here perhaps someone can assist me finding the cause?

I included a few files like the DSDT, SSDT, Config, and kext used, if you need anything else let me know!

Best Regards,

Toetje583

Attachments

• troubleshoot.zip
    521.5 KB · Views: 216
Hi All,

So for a few days now i'm trying to setup an hackintosh on my Medion Akoya E6232, it's an Ivy Bridge HM76 Chipset, using the Intel I3 3110M 2.4 Ghz CPU/IGP HD4000, and 16GB ram, 120GB SSD Kingston, The Audio Codec is the ALC269VC (Dumped it in linux).

The screen is broken so i'm only able to use he HDMI port for now I don't know if this is causing the issue but I just wanted to include it here. Also i'm using dual boot mode when I select UEFI mode the HDMI port is not working until i get into OSX, also it enables the broken screen and stretches/clones it. (So i'm not able to see the post or entering the bios).

First I used an Sandy Bridge cpu on it (Core i7-2600K 4 Cores) however this baby is having an HD3000 IGP and somehow I read that they don't work that well in hackintosh. So i putted the I3 3110M back.

I installed my hackintosh (Sierra) with UniBeast, I download the config_HD4000_1366x768.plist renamed it to config.plist (Changed it to match my hardware)and changed the RtVariables, to make it boot with the newest clover. I was able to reach the installation without any problems.

So after installation I dumped my SSDT's and DSDT using clover (F4) method, that time I didn't had any DropOEM=True in my config.plis just to mention. I followed RehabMan dsdt/ssdt patching guide and injected them to clover (Also included in attachment). After reboot I had Full QE/CI. however without adjusting anything QE/CI stops working, and I discovered removing my SSDT's makes it to work again. Then I placed them back again, rebooted a few times and it was still working.

However this morning i booted it up and it didn't work anymore. I'm not sure what's going on here perhaps someone can assist me finding the cause?

I included a few files like the DSDT, SSDT, Config, and kext used, if you need anything else let me know!

Best Regards,

Toetje583

According to ioreg, HD4000 is intermittent due to lack of an Intel MEI device on the PCI bus.

RehabMan

Thanks, good find. Then I need to get a look into the DSDT. I wil report back.

It is not a DSDT problem. It is a BIOS flash/motherboard problem.

Seems so, no IMEI device. I was able to dump the bios in EUFI mode using Aptio 4 Tools, and i'm able to see all the settings in
AMIBCP. Is there anything I can do?

Edit: Seems the driver pages offer an INTEL® MANAGEMENT ENGINE driver. So whats going on here.

Last edited:
Seems so, no IMEI device. I was able to dump the bios in EUFI mode using Aptio 4 Tools, and i'm able to see all the settings in
AMIBCP. Is there anything I can do?

Edit: Seems the driver pages offer an INTEL® MANAGEMENT ENGINE driver. So whats going on here.

You could try reflashing BIOS. Try also installing Windows and the IMEI driver. You can verify the IMEI device existing with 'lspic -nn' in Linux Terminal.

I tried it. seems like something is wrong with the MEI region, drivers are not installing unfortunately re-flashing the bios is not working because the MEI region seems to be locked. I'm still looking into it :)

I tried it. seems like something is wrong with the MEI region, drivers are not installing unfortunately re-flashing the bios is not working because the MEI region seems to be locked. I'm still looking into it :)

You will need Intel MEI for reliable QE/CI in OS X/macOS.

You will need Intel MEI for reliable QE/CI in OS X/macOS.

Thanks @RehabMan

They changed the board but left the old SPI image intact. The ME is dirty from the old one though and cannot work properly due this. Lucky I found a Full SPI bios image and will merge the bios region with my dump using a raspberry and a
SOIC8 SOP8 Flash Clip. You can do this with the UEFITool. My own bios dump had no ME region you can't dump then without a hardware flasher on my Board.

Thanks @RehabMan

They changed the board but left the old SPI image intact. The ME is dirty from the old one though and cannot work properly due this. Lucky I found a Full SPI bios image and will merge the bios region with my dump using a raspberry and a
SOIC8 SOP8 Flash Clip. You can do this with the UEFITool. My own bios dump had no ME region you can't dump then without a hardware flasher on my Board.

If it works out, it would be a good topic ("How to fix broken IMEI") to have (this problem is rare, but does happen occasionally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back