Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does Unibeast v 6.1.0 require the Intel Integrated Graphics to be "Enabled" in the BIOS when using Clover as the boot loader? I tried the installation previously recommended using Unibeast 6.0.1, and was advised that my problem with the computer not finishing the boot operation was due to having the PCIe graphics enabled and Intel Graphics disabled. Will this problem recur under Unibeast v 6.1? :?:

I enabled the Intel integrated graphics, but that didn't help. So I tried repeating the installation after re-partitioning my 16 GB USB drive... tried both a GUID partition and an MBR partition. Neither worked, but the GUID partition at least came closer. I could get to the Clover boot screen, but from that point the boot process only took me to a blank (black) screen.

I had been using the PCIe graphics card, so I changed the Gigabyte BIOS to use the Intel graphics, moved the monitor input connector to the motherboard's DVI port, and tried again. Exactly the same problem. Got to the Clover boot screen, double-clicked on "External" drive, and although my monitor's status light went blue, indicating a video input signal, the screen stayed black.

(Not trying to install El Capitan; this is on Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.10.5.) Chimera 4.1 booting still works fine.

Please recreate your USB with UniBeast 6.0.1. UniBeast 6.1 was pulled temporarily to troubleshoot bugs.

UniBeast 6.1.1 is now out. This version fixes the installation issues from UniBeast 6.1.

OK, I will try that, thanks! (Unibeast 6.0.1 didn't work for me, either, same problem.) I went through Ammulder's guide again, and this time that worked completely for me on Yosemite, except for fan control, which I have not yet resolved.

I went ahead and created a Unibeast USB from its version 6.1.1. Ran it and re-installed Yosemite 10.10.5 using it. Worked perfectly except for lack of sound, which I recovered using Multibeast to re-install the ALC892 audio file. I did have to reset my router for some reason, but all is good now. Used TechTool Pro 7.0.7 to optimize files and rebuild the directory. Clover seems to work well and I can select Yosemite, or my 2nd SSD, and the Recovery HD volumes are apparently available during boot also (haven't tried those).

Thanks to this website for the good detailed instructions. :clap:

New problem. Now when I shut down via the "Shut Down" command, the computer restarts. Repeatable 100%. Also sometimes never makes it to the desktop, other times does. Never had this problem using Chimera. Is there a kext in my System software left over from Chimera that should be removed (or something)?

Thanks for your support!

New problem. Now when I shut down via the "Shut Down" command, the computer restarts. Repeatable 100%. Also sometimes never makes it to the desktop, other times does. Never had this problem using Chimera. Is there a kext in my System software left over from Chimera that should be removed (or something)?

Thanks for your support!
Try turning off wake on lan in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back