Intel Core i3-5010U
Graphics
Intel HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I own an HP Probook 6460b with Intel Core i5-2520M / Intel HD Graphics 3000. I used OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and El Capitan 10.11.6 on my Probook. I'm willing to use macOS Sierra. I want to ask the experienced Hackintoshers (specially RehabMan, as I followed his tune and used his created scripts / thanks to you, Man) whether it will be a good decision or not to install Sierra (10.12.4) on my this old probook.

I own an HP Probook 6460b with Intel Core i5-2520M / Intel HD Graphics 3000. I used OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and El Capitan 10.11.6 on my Probook. I'm willing to use macOS Sierra. I want to ask the experienced Hackintoshers (specially RehabMan, as I followed his tune and used his created scripts / thanks to you, Man) whether it will be a good decision or not to install Sierra (10.12.4) on my this old probook.
still some issues with Sierra:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

if they don't bother you, then go for it, i'm using it on my Asus ok

Install to a separate partition to try it out. Use the 'beta' branch from my github when you follow the guide.

Install to a separate partition to try it out. Use the 'beta' branch from my github when you follow the guide.
Ok. I'll try it. Another question arises. Is there any issue regarding Broadcom BCM43224HMS with 10.12.4 ?

Ok. I'll try it. Another question arises. Is there any issue regarding Broadcom BCM43224HMS with 10.12.4 ?

I haven't tested it specifically with 10.12.4, but I have seen no reports saying there is an issue with it...

I happened to stumble across a 6460b going for chump change, and remembered that RehabMan had done a lot of work with Probooks, so I picked it up. One potential issue is that it has Intel Wifi, which may need a replacement and the Bluetooth is kaput. Assuming I replace the wifi, will El Cap provide the smoothest experience? Are there any tutorials specifically for the 6460b?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back