Contribute
Register

Putting two different cards in one PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
White Bitfenix Prodigy/Asrock Z77E-ITX
CPU
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello yet again!!!!!!!

Well.....My love of gaming got me a XFX Radeon 5850.....which of course means no OSX....and I miss it and want it back.

Can I slap in a 9800GT alongside the Radeon 5850 and install OSX to a new HDD and set it up that my 9800GT will use OSX?

I hope that I am being clear here..... :banghead:

Hello? *Crickets*

You don't own a 2nd card to try this with?

Heh. No. :lol:

But that will soon be fixed.....as soon as I get an answer.

I don't know if anyone on this site owns a 5XXX or Fermi card to test this. I know people on insanely do, so you may want to post there as well.

Well that is the reason why I want to put in a supported card alongside a unsupported one. That way the macOS can use the GeForce and HOPEFULLY ignore the ATI Radeon.

mmm... I do recall reading a guide about doing this dual GPU (one for OSX one for windows). It wasn't that complex either. So some searching on insanely or google, I'm sure you'll find an answer.

I know that I read it somewhere... just forgot where.

jgv115 said:
mmm... I do recall reading a guide about doing this dual GPU (one for OSX one for windows). It wasn't that complex either. So some searching on insanely or google, I'm sure you'll find an answer.

I know that I read it somewhere... just forgot where.

I did search. Nothing popped up.

Must be my search parameters........ :crazy:

Well i have set up a dual boot pc.Os x and win 7
I own a Sapphire 5850 and a 9500 gt.Now I left only the 9500 on the mobo cause when I have them both os x boots but the 5850's fan start to spin at 100% and the noise is like an airplanes jet.
On win 7 there's is no problem cause I have the ability to disable one of them (9500 and leave the 5850)
But the problem is the noise from the fan.
I haven't found any solution to safe disable the 5850 on os x.
I try to take the power from the 750w power amplifier but then the mobo a ga-p55a-ud6(c) start's to sound an alarm.(I don't know how to make it stop)<----- I thought this solution as a test cause I was planning to connect an external switch to shut the power off for the 5850 when I was in os x.(there is no option in bios to disable one of the two video cards)
I m trying to find a solution.Any help will be acceptable.

leondas said:
I try to take the power from the 750w power amplifier but then the mobo a ga-p55a-ud6(c) start's to sound an alarm.(I don't know how to make it stop)<----- I thought this solution as a test cause I was planning to connect an external switch to shut the power off for the 5850 when I was in os x.(there is no option in bios to disable one of the two video cards)
I m trying to find a solution.Any help will be acceptable.

Did you try unplugging the 5850 when the computer was turned off? I did that frequently when I was trying to set up two 260's and I didn't get any beeps etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back