Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm working on my PSU and I've gotten a bit stuck. :banghead:
I need a diagram for the C13/C14 IEC receptacle.

I know the bottom one is "earth ground", but I'm kind of debating which wires go where for the top two. (I'm retarded and didn't take a picture or remember which way they went when I de-solderer them...) :shifty:

I noticed there was a difference between the wiring of the G5 PSU receptacle and an ATX PSU receptacle, if only slightly.

The ATX PSU had a bridge between the two top points.

My PSU only has 2 wires coming from the board to the IEC. (A red and a black; and I'm assuming that would be + and GND) and I planned on removing the ON/OFF switch as I don't really need it.

My assumption is that the left is + and the right is GND, but I didn't want to be wrong.. :oops:

I hope these are what you are looking for:
Thanks to juragan at another site for posting these.

g5psupinoutp1cn8.png

g5psupinoutp2p3bn6.png

_______

atx2psupinoutp2bq3.jpg

atx2psupinoutkj9.jpg

I think OP wanted an atx to IEC socket. So looking at the attachment 1. Earth is at the top and Live is left and Neutral is right.

Pretty sure that is correct. But can't blame me if it all goes wrong! :D

Attachments

• IEC Socket1.jpg
    IEC Socket1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 4,518
Aha, I was going to PM this question to you Eelhead instead of posting. I've seen those diagrams, but I'll go ahead and save them to my library for later use.
And yes, Gus, that is what I needed. Can anyone verify those are the correct L and N outputs? Because all I have left is to solder the two wires to the IEC socket. Haha..

Then I can get to cutting. Unfortunately for me, my modular board is attached to the rest of the PSU board, which means custom fitting.

Well I saw at least 4 pictures/explanations that concur with what I have posted.
I used that wiring on my PSU. And it works. Infact I've done it to 3 PSUs.

Gus said:
Well I saw at least 4 pictures/explanations that concur with what I have posted.
I used that wiring on my PSU. And it works. Infact I've done it to 3 PSUs.
Okay, great. I'd be really upset if my parts got fried, haha.

Edit:
I plugged it all up for testing. Everything turned on (well, almost everything since my new PSU doesn't have a 4-pin connector (my new Mobo doesn't need one) no fires, no explosions. I hope we're good! :) Now to design the casing!

Jerime said:
I plugged it all up for testing. Everything turned on (well, almost everything since my new PSU doesn't have a 4-pin connector (my new Mobo doesn't need one) no fires, no explosions. I hope we're good! :) Now to design the casing!
Goood. Goood. Remember there's a hidden law that states pictures must be posted.

Jerime said:
Aha, I was going to PM this question to you Eelhead instead of posting. I've seen those diagrams, but I'll go ahead and save them to my library for later use.
And yes, Gus, that is what I needed. Can anyone verify those are the correct L and N outputs? Because all I have left is to solder the two wires to the IEC socket. Haha..

Then I can get to cutting. Unfortunately for me, my modular board is attached to the rest of the PSU board, which means custom fitting.

Just FYI, at AC it does not matter where should be L or N. It will work at the opposite.
Keep on mind that in some countries at Europe we can plug the cord at the wall socket at both ways, so sometimes the L goes to N and the opposite.

nikstar said:
Just FYI, at AC it does not matter where should be L or N. It will work at the opposite.
Keep on mind that in some countries at Europe we can plug the cord at the wall socket at both ways, so sometimes the L goes to N and the opposite.

If you have a three pin plug or socket it should be wired correctly. Yes, if there is not a fault on the system you may get away with having them reversed, but consider what happens if the Live line is meant to be fused and instead you have the neutral fused and then a fault occurs.

If the fuse blows to the neutral instead of the live then you still have a live wire in a faulty appliance that could catch someone out with very bad consequences.

Also bear in mind when posting on a forum like this that it is worldwide and different standards apply in different countries so the consequences that can result may well vary from country to country.

Please......always obey wiring conventions and if you have done a reverse wiring job then sort it properly. This is really not difficult to do right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back