Graphics
EVGA GTX 600 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys! I decided to mod a G5 case for my new Z77X-UP5 TH system and use my old system as a server for minecraft.

I went the mountain mods route (I went for a more factory look, countersinking the screw holes), and modified the sans digital hdd rack for my drives.

I want to use the old G5 PSU bottom housing (I gutted the PSU) in order to have the stock look for the power connector. I plan on modifying an OSHA cable to connect to the pins on the original connector. I don't want to go full on and modify my ATX PSU because I want to be able to upgrade my system in the future and use the same case, and besides it looks a little scary.

My problem is that I want to be able to mount my ATX PSU to the case somehow. Currently it is sitting on the bottom towards the front with a right angle OSHA cable (the one I plan on modifying). It's important that I mount it because I want my case to be portable and I don't want the PSU flying up and hitting the mobo.

Any ideas for a PSU support bracket that I can mount onto the old G5 PSU bottom housing? I fully expect to be drilling and tapping holes in it, so that's not a problem.

Thanks!

There should be 4 holes on the bottom of the case to screw in the G5 PSU case.

Yes, of course. But I'm talking about a bracket to mount an ATX PSU.

You could try either to make your own custom bracket,or to use strong double sided tape to stick it to the bottom of the case

Do you have connected your G5 front panel to your motherboard (z77x up5th) ?

If yes, please tell me how !!! Pleeease !!! I have some troubles to realize the connection of the correct cables and my motherboard makes me some freaky reactions...

Do you have connected your G5 front panel to your motherboard (z77x up5th) ?

If yes, please tell me how !!! Pleeease !!! I have some troubles to realize the connection of the correct cables and my motherboard makes me some freaky reactions...

You have this?

PowerMacG5FrontPanel_zps3069ccac.jpg

Top left photo. If you look at the wires leading to pins 4/3 and pins 8/7 you will see two pairs of very thin twisted wires. These are the FW TPA+/- and FW TPB +/- wires. They are then combined with the FW Shield Ground of Pin 5 into a thick shielded cable. This is how you can tell.

Screen Shot 2012-10-21 at 5.44.37 PM.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back