Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
:crazy: :eek:

This is mostly due to the low supplies/stock. China cut way back on production earlier this year and the effects are still being felt.

Here's two EVGA PSUs that normally sell for well under 50 USD. Now sellers are raising the prices sky high.

$120 for this very low end PSU is a joke. You used to be able to get 750-850W 80+ gold/platinum versions for this price.

Screen Shot.jpg

This one's slightly more reasonable but still over-priced.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

A higher end EVGA 750W PSU goes for $249

Screen Shot 2.jpg

If you're going to spend $250 + because you need one right now, go with this Seasonic 1300W that has a 12 yr. warranty and hasn't had the price inflated due to shortages. You'll never need to buy another PSU for a single PC build you do now.

https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-prime-gold-ssr-1300gd-1300w/p/N82E16817151208

If you just need a basic low cost ATX PSU without the crazy pricing, these on Ebay will hold you over till prices come down. For use with a system running on integrated graphics only or possibly a low end GT 710 card or similar. Can't beat the price or the reliability of these standard 24 pin ATX PSUs from Dell.

Last edited:
:crazy: :eek:

This is mostly due to the low supplies/stock. China cut way back on production earlier this year and the effects are still being felt.

Here's two EVGA PSUs that normally sell for well under 50 USD. Now sellers are raising the prices sky high.

$120 for this very low end PSU is a joke. You used to be able to get 750-850W 80+ gold/platinum versions for this price.

View attachment 475187

This one's slightly more reasonable but still over-priced.

View attachment 475188

A higher end EVGA 750W PSU goes for $249

View attachment 475189

If you're going to spend $250 + because you need one right now, go with this Seasonic 1300W that has a 12 yr. warranty and hasn't had the price inflated due to shortages. You'll never need to buy another PSU for a single PC build you do now.

https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-prime-gold-ssr-1300gd-1300w/p/N82E16817151208

If you just need a basic low cost ATX PSU without the crazy pricing, these on Ebay will hold you over till prices come down. For use with a system running on integrated graphics only or possibly a low end GT 710 card or similar. Can't beat the price or the reliability of these standard 24 pin ATX PSUs from Dell.

I noticed this myself the other day, here too. I have a few components always floating around in my Amazon Wish List and the PSUs have gone stratospheric.

Luckily my current one is good - and if it fails I'll repair it if I can because it doesn't have much in the way of siiicon tech inside it. A bridge until prices become more reasonable again.

Annoyingly, I used to always keep a spare, but before the current crisis, sold it as a favour to someone. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back