Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm out of town for two weeks. I am also no longer on Mojave. I'm now on Catalina. Here is a link to that thread with my current EFI attached as usual :)

OK, try my regular config that is in the EFI on the base of this thread. I don't think the iGpu setup is required anymore. That's why I removed it from my folder all together.
Ah got it. I want to upgrade to catalina as well. Will fix mojave and follow your Catalina instructions. Thank you.

Sorry, I'm out of town for two weeks. I am also no longer on Mojave. I'm now on Catalina. Here is a link to that thread with my current EFI attached as usual :)

OK, try my regular config that is in the EFI on the base of this thread. I don't think the iGpu setup is required anymore. That's why I removed it from my folder all together.

I think both EFI files for Catalina and Mojave are the same. Can you please check when you get a chance?

Thanks.

I think both EFI files for Catalina and Mojave are the same. Can you please check when you get a chance?

Thanks.
Yes, I didn't need to change anything. It literally just worked :)
They do have different dates. I'm pretty sure the folder in the Catalina thread has newer drivers/kexts and that is why they are different.

The one thing that you'll probably have to do when upgrading to Catalina (yes, I only did an upgrade. Not a fresh install), is when rebooting you'll see another drive called Data. Boot off of that one until it goes back to just your normal drive name only.

The one thing that you'll probably have to do when upgrading to Catalina (yes, I only did an upgrade. Not a fresh install), is when rebooting you'll see another drive called Data. Boot off of that one until it goes back to just your normal drive name only.

I can never get the Data drive to show in Clover bootloader. I only see the 'normal' OS drive. Did the Data drive just appear in Clover for you or did you need to change something in your EFI for that to happen?

I can never get the Data drive to show in Clover bootloader. I only see the 'normal' OS drive. Did the Data drive just appear in Clover for you or did you need to change something in your EFI for that to happen?
It just appeared after I started the Catalina upgrade from Mojave.

It just appeared after I started the Catalina upgrade from Mojave.

Mmmm, very strange. I must have something missing somewhere along the line, as my only Clover boot option once the installer is complete is my normal 'MacOS Drive' which is the original drive which has my fully-working Mojave 10.14.6 installed on it. I never get to see the 'MacOS Drive - Data' boot option, even when pressing F3 in Clover. Just to confirm, the 'Data' drive is actually there when I boot into my cloned Mojave drive, it just doesn't appear as an option within Clover (v5070).

I don't really have time to sort it out at the moment but your excellent build thread will help a lot when I do, so thanks for keeping it up to date!

Mmmm, very strange. I must have something missing somewhere along the line, as my only Clover boot option once the installer is complete is my normal 'MacOS Drive' which is the original drive which has my fully-working Mojave 10.14.6 installed on it. I never get to see the 'MacOS Drive - Data' boot option, even when pressing F3 in Clover. Just to confirm, the 'Data' drive is actually there when I boot into my cloned Mojave drive, it just doesn't appear as an option within Clover (v5070).

I don't really have time to sort it out at the moment but your excellent build thread will help a lot when I do, so thanks for keeping it up to date!
Make sure your clover is up to date. Maybe old versions couldn't see it? Only thing I can think of.

Make sure your clover is up to date. Maybe old versions couldn't see it? Only thing I can think of.

I tried with my original version from earlier this year, plus 5070 and 5096 but non of them worked. I'm just going to wait until there's either and update to Catalina or there's more info/knowledge on here. Thanks again for the reply, it's much appreciated!

it is possible to get all USB to work ?
and how it is with updates ... do it with no doubt ?

have no idea why my ports are registrated as USB 2.0... I put a Samsung T5 USB 3.1 SSD on this port -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back