Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good to me. I wish I had some BeQuiet fans just lying around, lol.
Thanks :) It performs petty good now, I am happy with it. I have two remaining things to solve.

1. I had some issues with the USB map though. I have the Aorus Pro (without Wifi) and a Define R6 and the top ports on the R6 did not work properly, also the back ports were somewhat buggy. So I checked a few builds and I found one which has Aorus Pro and it used Usbinject and another ACPI that I copied over to the clover folder, replacing the USBMAP. I did not expect it to work but surprisingly now all ports are available. The only issue now is that USB2 soundcard is only recognized under USB 2 ports. USB 3 devices are working on ALL ports. Is this normal behavior?

2. Also, while watching Netflix I see slight artifacts on the top bar every 10-20 second (for a split second) - no issues in full screen. I tried iMac 19,2 which solved that issue but that was completely useless otherwise (USB issues). It is not a huge deal but I have no clue what could cause it and it drives me crazy :)

Thanks :) It performs petty good now, I am happy with it. I have two remaining things to solve.

1. ...Usbinject...

2. Also, while watching Netflix I see slight artifacts...
1. I went away from Usbinject due to the fact that you have to fix the fix every-single-time Apple does an update. I also have the R6 and the ports all work how I want them (including the front USB-C port). If I were you I would map the ports myself.
Use Hackintool. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-6-9.254559/)

Step by step
Inject all USB ports.
Open Hackintool
Go to USB.
Select the USB ports you don't need and hit the minus at the bottom.
Once you have narrowed your ports down to 15 (Max that OSX can support without needing an inject trick)
hit export and place those files into your Kext folder.
Remove USB Inject and the fixes in Config.plist.
Reboot and enjoy.

2. I haven't seen that problem. I do have artifacting during boot, but it seems to do that with every SMBIOS that I've tried. Probably something with my specific card on the current OSX (didn't do it before 10.14.5).

1. I went away from Usbinject due to the fact that you have to fix the fix every-single-time Apple does an update. I also have the R6 and the ports all work how I want them (including the front USB-C port). If I were you I would map the ports myself.
Use Hackintool. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-6-9.254559/)

Step by step
Inject all USB ports.
Open Hackintool
Go to USB.
Select the USB ports you don't need and hit the minus at the bottom.
Once you have narrowed your ports down to 15 (Max that OSX can support without needing an inject trick)
hit export and place those files into your Kext folder.
Remove USB Inject and the fixes in Config.plist.
Reboot and enjoy.

2. I haven't seen that problem. I do have artifacting during boot, but it seems to do that with every SMBIOS that I've tried. Probably something with my specific card on the current OSX (didn't do it before 10.14.5).
Thank you @psedog !!
Yeah, I just realized that even though I have all ports now, it is extremely slow/near unusable, takes 2 minutes to eject the USB drive for instance. I will revert back to your setup and do (or try to do) the mapping as you suggested. I really appreciate your help!

Thank you @psedog !!
Yeah, I just realized that even though I have all ports now, it is extremely slow/near unusable, takes 2 minutes to eject the USB drive for instance. I will revert back to your setup and do (or try to do) the mapping as you suggested. I really appreciate your help!
I managed to map USBs, seems like it is working perfectly fine. I have updated some kexts with Hackintool as it suggested. All ports seem to be high-speed now. USB 2.0 soundcard is still only visible on USB 2.0 ports though, but I am OK with it. Netflix artifacts are gone since I cleared Chrome cache :)

...USB 2.0 soundcard is still only visible on USB 2.0 ports though, but I am OK with it...
HS are 2.0 ports and SS is 3.0/3.1 ports. If the port is SS01, then the 2.0 version of the port is HS01. I have most of my 3.0 ports as only 3.0. We have to make sacrifices since we are enabling every single port. If you don't have the front USB-C port then you can actually get back 3 ports. HS01, SS01, and SS02 are all for the front USB-C port. The rear one only uses 2 though (HS06, SS06). The front one registers a different SS depending one which orientation you are connected to it.

HS are 2.0 ports and SS is 3.0/3.1 ports. If the port is SS01, then the 2.0 version of the port is HS01. I have most of my 3.0 ports as only 3.0. We have to make sacrifices since we are enabling every single port. If you don't have the front USB-C port then you can actually get back 3 ports. HS01, SS01, and SS02 are all for the front USB-C port. The rear one only uses 2 though (HS06, SS06). The front one registers a different SS depending one which orientation you are connected to it.
Oooooh, I did not fully understand the concept it seems :lolno: So it's not only the physical port that counts. I managed to remap all USB ports, now fully functioning as USB 2 and USB 3, only thing I missed is the USB-C but I don't use it anyway. This way all 15 ports are used and is fully functioning with any device I have at hand. Also, Hackintool suggested that I have old Lilu and WhateverGreen but when I downloaded the new ones, it still shows the old version. I see that it generated lilu.kext.dSym file too.. Should that be the actual package to be renamed to .kext or is it all good like this?

So for Gigabyte Aorus Pro (without Wifi) with Fractal Design R6 I have attached the USB map and SSDTs for reference.
Also attached my complete Clover folder (Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, i8700k, Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse 8GB, Define R6 mapped USB)

Attachments

• Aorus Pro USB-map without usb-c.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 66
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
...Also, Hackintool suggested that I have old Lilu and WhateverGreen but when I downloaded the new ones, it still shows the old version. I see that it generated lilu.kext.dSym file too.. Should that be the actual package to be renamed to .kext or is it all good like this?
Hackintool will download them but it won't put it into the correct folder. You have to manually do it. If you use clover configurator it will put them in the correct folder.

Hackintool will download them but it won't put it into the correct folder. You have to manually do it. If you use clover configurator it will put them in the correct folder.
Yeah, I moved them to the proper folder (I figured they won't make any good on my desktop folder) :) Hackintool does not see the update. However, I just checked with Clover config and Lilu also shows up as the most recent version. Weird.

I delidded today. Reduced temps a little bit, but enough to get me into the top 3% of 8700K's :)
Not bad for a cheap $50 240mm AIO.

World Ranking 5.3ghz.jpg

I saw some benchmarks of Blender in Windows on Youtube reviews. I've used Blender in the past on OSX. This made me think, which OS is more efficient. BLUF: OSX is better suited for this test. Results below.

CPU
Windows 4:30
OSX 3:59

GPU
Windows 7:08
OSX 6:15

My system is clocked at 5.3 with a 2 AVX offset, so these ran at 5.1 all core for the test in both scenarios. I did multiple runs in both OS's. This is the best of 5 and each fluctuated about 3 secs. Anyone working with Blender should be using OSX to get the best performance.

CPU
Blender Windows-1.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-12 at 8.39.20 PM.png

GPU
Blenders Windows GPU.pngBlender OSX GPU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back