Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried SMBIOS iMac 19,1 yet? I'm going to give that a shot when I get home tonight.

Edit:
Got it all setup, but then it wouldn't boot. Found the following error
Code:
This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
It's looking for OSX 10.4.4 (Build 18E2034). Our Build is 18E226. Looks like we'll have to wait for the next OSX update (Sad Panda).

i saw @pastrychef tried iMac 19.1 and/or 19.2, but there was some issues to consider. he describes it in the first post of his 9900k/vega56 guide

Ahh, I'll try boot strait into windows (not through clover) and see how that works. I never downloaded the Gigabyte software in the first place either.

Also thanks for the USB mother board header help, my cooler is no longer waking my comp out of sleep.

So I actually use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi as opposed to the ^ free2000 and haven't run into any issues w/ sleep. I also have zero issues with restart and shut down.

is that the same as AptioMemoryFix-64.efi ? or do you use both?

i saw @pastrychef tried iMac 19.1 and/or 19.2, but there was some issues to consider. he describes it in the first post of his 9900k/vega56 guide
I'm running 19,1 right now without issue. Including all of our USB ports. (19,2 for some reason wouldn't load HS11-13 for me)
Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 5.19.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-28 at 5.25.19 PM.png
... I've since upgraded to OsxAptioFix3Drv
Edit: Use both. I was thinking of something else when I first wrote this. I removed AptioMemoryFix and every time I booted after it said OSX shut down due to an error after I logged in.

Last edited:
I've finally figured out how to get the USB ports working without needing clover config fixes. This should follow all OS upgrades without requiring constant fixes. I'm also changing settings in BIOS and uefi drivers. I'll keep you guys posted, but changes are coming and I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

edit: Gave up on messing with Bios and UEFI drivers. That project will be for a later date.

Last edited:
The LED's turning off is setup in BIOS. Clover doesn't do anything after boot. It just tricks OSX into thinking it's using legitimate Apple hardware. If you are having sleep issues, try loading osxaptiofix 2000

I currently have OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi as a driver if I also put in osxaptiofix 2000 do you recall if there will be an issues? I seem to remember reading something about only using one OsxAptio driver but its hazy. In fact I can't even remember where to download the driver from :eek: .

I'm a bit hesitant to believe that's the issue though. I have Osx loaded onto on nvme and windows 10 loaded on another one. At the clover boot screen I choose which system to enter, nothing special. But I found I also have issues with windows 10 (in fact worse issues). When putting Windows 10 in sleep mode. More often than not I come back to find that the machine has rebooted and is sitting at the clover boot screen waiting for me to choose which machine to enter.

I'm wondering if maybe there is something funky I did in the BIOS settings since Windows 10 *I would think* should be more stable than osx. Any additional ideas?

I just looked at my drivers and currently I have "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi" in my driver folder. I didn't do any manual replacement so I can only assume clover "updated" the driver. So while I'm not sure I would guess that AptioMemoryFix-64.ef is an older version of AptioMemoryFix3Drv-64.ef ? I don't use both just the one.

@psedog
I saw in your drivers64UEFI folder you now have AudioDxe-64.efi & DataHubDxe-64.efi? All my other drivers are the same as yours, 99% sure I just used your last uploaded folder, but was just wondering why the addition of both of these, primary AudioDxe-64.efi.

Also curious what BIOS version your are running

Audio said it was needed to play startup sound. I thought it would be cool to have the Apple bootup sound. Still doesn't work though.
Not sure about the Datahub or when I added it. I'll remove it from mine and see what happens.
Edit: Booted no problem. Doesn't seem to be needed.

I'm on F9 for my bios. For some reason on my Intel graphics I had to lower the memory in bios to the lowest settings to get it to boot. I never mentioned it because no one else is reporting this problem.

I currently have OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi as a driver if I also put in osxaptiofix 2000 do you recall if there will be an issues? I seem to remember reading something about only using one OsxAptio driver but its hazy. In fact I can't even remember where to download the driver from :eek: .

I'm a bit hesitant to believe that's the issue though. I have Osx loaded onto on nvme and windows 10 loaded on another one. At the clover boot screen I choose which system to enter, nothing special. But I found I also have issues with windows 10 (in fact worse issues). When putting Windows 10 in sleep mode. More often than not I come back to find that the machine has rebooted and is sitting at the clover boot screen waiting for me to choose which machine to enter.

I'm wondering if maybe there is something funky I did in the BIOS settings since Windows 10 *I would think* should be more stable than osx. Any additional ideas?
I boot windows separate from Clover. I hit F12 during the bios boot. This way I know for sure Clover isn't impacting Windows. I wasn't having stability issues, but I was trying to get Bios drivers to work in Windows. Still doesn't seem to work right, but hey, it is what it is.
On my Clover Config I have fast boot selected that way it goes straight into booting OSX. No waiting for the count down timer (much quicker this way). I disabled it for the share for you guys, because if you had issues, you would be stranded without a USB drive backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back