Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually your config made it work however I am using the onboard graphic card UHD 630 and I can see only 7mb allocated to the card. So preview is crashing.
Give me a little bit then. I've never run my system off of the onboard graphics. I'm going to switch over now and play with the settings. I'll let you know what I'm able to figure out.

Give me a little bit then. I've never run my system off of the onboard graphics. I'm going to switch over now and play with the settings. I'll let you know what I'm able to figure out.

Thank You!! I just bought this Mother board. If I have to exchange I would. With my other build I had no issues.

Working headless IGPU config file added to the first post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 12.14.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 12.14.05 AM.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 261
Working headless IGPU config file added to the first post.

Man looks like you got it to work. Right now the system boots without any issues. It just took a while for the system to stabilize. System feels a little sluggish. I can't thank you enough. Seriously. Now I need to get the rest of the system working. Thank You. I just would like to know what you did to get it to work. Forgot to mention that I also had to change the smbios to Mac mini. In iMac the video was buggy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 10.48.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 10.48.36 AM.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.05.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.05.38 AM.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Man looks like you got it to work...
Yes, I noticed it was buggy which is why I didn't suggest it for you yet. I tried it with macmini8,1 as well. Yes it is better, but it isn't right yet. I'll keep messing with it tomorrow after I get home. If I can't sort it then, it will be a week until I can get back to it.

Yes, I noticed it was buggy which is why I didn't suggest it for you yet. I tried it with macmini8,1 as well. Yes it is better, but it isn't right yet. I'll keep messing with it tomorrow after I get home. If I can't sort it then, it will be a week until I can get back to it.

So I changed it to iMac pro. It looks like its working a lot better.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.24.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.24.46 AM.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 151
ran speed test but not sure if this is any good.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.35.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.35.52 AM.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.36.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.36.32 AM.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 150
So I changed it to iMac pro. It looks like its working a lot better.
I'm glad it's working for you with the iMac Pro 1,1. That's a Xeon based system, so I didn't think that would work.
Your disk speed is good if it's a mechanical hard drive. As far as your benchmark, I'm guessing you are keeping your CPU speeds stock? If so, I think that's right. I'm overclocked to 5.2 all cores.

I'm not going to be able to get around to it today, so I'll have to resume messing with it next weekend. It should work with MacMini, not so much with the iMac, because I don't think any of those models came without a discreet graphics card (which makes the iMac Pro even more of a head scratcher, lol). Heck the iMac Pro came with a Vega graphics card. I might have to try that with my normal setup and compare it.

I'm glad it's working for you with the iMac Pro 1,1. That's a Xeon based system, so I didn't think that would work.
Your disk speed is good if it's a mechanical hard drive. As far as your benchmark, I'm guessing you are keeping your CPU speeds stock? If so, I think that's right. I'm overclocked to 5.2 all cores.

I'm not going to be able to get around to it today, so I'll have to resume messing with it next weekend. It should work with MacMini, not so much with the iMac, because I don't think any of those models came without a discreet graphics card (which makes the iMac Pro even more of a head scratcher, lol). Heck the iMac Pro came with a Vega graphics card. I might have to try that with my normal setup and compare it.

Actually I changed some other things in the bios. Added 256mb dedicated to the graphics. I will post. I also created a USB map since my mother board is slightly different than yours. Still need to test. I will also post. Actually the benchmark test was on a SSD drive.

... Actually the benchmark test was on a SSD drive.
Then that's not good. My SSD's both benchmark at full speeds (1 m.2 and the other SATA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back