Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. Aorus Z390 8700K Vega64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I installed sucessfully Catalina 10.15.1 but when I put my Vega 64 I am receiving this screen. A square in the middle of the screen with like two Spanish flags...
I have the last Lilu and WhateverGreen because I need the last version.
BIOS has same config, like you.
DVMT Pre-Allocated - 64MB
DVMT Total Gfx Mem - 256MB
Unknown-2.jpg

Thank you so much.

Hello!
I installed sucessfully Catalina 10.15.1 but when I put my Vega 64 I am receiving this screen. A square in the middle of the screen with like two Spanish flags...
I have the last Lilu and WhateverGreen because I need the last version.
BIOS has same config, like you.

Thank you so much.
I've never seen what is going on in your screen shot. Boot with the flag -v maybe we can see what's going on there. Did you give it a few minutes just to be sure it got past whatever was hanging up?

I would trying changing your SMBIOS to 18,3 and see if that'll boot. Also, turn off your iGpu. Once you get it running in OSX, then you can look at getting your iGpu working.

Also, why are you running an older Lilu and WhateverGreen?

My monitors are HDMI only. I have one connected via HDMI and another connected via an adapter from Displayport to HDMI. I have no way to test via pure DP.

I'm looking through our other thread when we were going back and fourth trying to get your system working. Give these a try.
Download this via Clover Configurator Drivers section
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Get rid of the Bios folder and only boot via UEFI. Bios is outdated and should be left behind. It could be causing problems having all the drivers in their twice.

Make sure your iGpu memory is set up this way in bios. (More works on my system, but you had issues with it before and 64/256 was best on your system)

BIOS is setup the way you mentioned. I made a few changes to the EFI. I didn't remove the BIOS, just cleaned it up. New version of clover is installing a single file inside folder. I read in other forums the issue can be HDMI audio that is causing the issue. I also think sleep is causing the reboots to happen as well. I've been working on the system everyday for a week lol. Anyway if you can take a look I will appreciate it. If you come across anything online please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27 MB · Views: 70
  • bootlog.txt
    33.2 KB · Views: 79
Well, that was uneventful :thumbup:

cat.png
I'm basically using your EFI from the Mojave build, except I'm not using the JGP/quicklook kext and I just updated to Clover r5098. Downloaded the update, ran the installer... rebooted twice I think... then, Catalina desktop. Took about 30-40 mins I think.

I've never seen what is going on in your screen shot. Boot with the flag -v maybe we can see what's going on there. Did you give it a few minutes just to be sure it got past whatever was hanging up?

I would trying changing your SMBIOS to 18,3 and see if that'll boot. Also, turn off your iGpu. Once you get it running in OSX, then you can look at getting your iGpu working.

Also, why are you running an older Lilu and WhateverGreen?

Finally got shutdown to work. I think adding EmuVariableUefi.efi helped. However, when I disconnect the HDMI to DVI cable and reconnect it will not work. I guess don't disconnect the cable for now lol!

Also I learned not to update clover on both the SSD and USB at the same time. New clover Clover_v2.5k_r5098 caused issues with rebooting.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27 MB · Views: 89
BIOS is setup the way you mentioned. I made a few changes to the EFI. I didn't remove the BIOS, just cleaned it up. New version of clover is installing a single file inside folder. I read in other forums the issue can be HDMI audio that is causing the issue. I also think sleep is causing the reboots to happen as well. I've been working on the system everyday for a week lol. Anyway if you can take a look I will appreciate it. If you come across anything online please let me know. Thank you for your help.
This is weird. We should have the same iGPU, but according to your bootlog yours is loading as 8086 3E92 class=030000 and mine is 8086 3E92 class=038000

You also have one less "kext to patch". Mine also has this one, which specifically references Graphics.

Code:
com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (Disable board-id check) :: MatchOS: 10.15.x :: BinPatch :: data len: 5

Wait, why are you using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi? This is why you need EMUVariable, because you are running a different version of Aptiofix. I made this mistake early in the year and changed back around May. Plus, EMUVariable is adding about 6s to your boot time.

I'm going to add fsinject.efi back to my packages. My system is running fine without it, but it is looking for it on boot, so... Honestly, I think this is because I'm running NVMe and you are Sata, so I think that is when it is needed.

Hey dudes,

It is possible to replace the Wifi Card on our Board with this Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 all what we need is this kext in "other" and it should work perfectly. Handsoff & Airdrop full supported without any PCI-E Card - for me the Perfect Solution.

photo_2019-11-03_21-35-59.jpg photo_2019-11-03_21-36-00.jpg

Attachments

• BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 59
I'm working on another bootloader called Open Core. I have it working on my system, not 100% yet. Just got it booting up and running last night. I'll work out the bugs that I'm running into and post it up once I feel comfortable with it. Expect something by the weekend.

OK, so I have my OpenCore boot loader working pretty well. Can you guys give it a spin and see how it works for you? You're supposed to be able to set your default boot device in System Preferences, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Luckily I've been able to hide the Windows partition and it is no longer trying to default to that :)

Attachments

• OpenCore-EFI.zip
    15.6 MB · Views: 114
only Replace my EFI Folder ?
i will try it .

And did you deactivate the onboard wifi card in your Clover Efi ?
Cause I replace this card with a working Mac OS Card but I can't see anything ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back