Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. Aorus Z390 8700K Vega64

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Clover, this is OpenCore, so if you are opening it via Clover Configurator, you will have to go down to text view. Try my other EFI as I changed some things up including kernel panic stops. Post #66

I think that one was stopping on your network setup. Do you have to load a kext for your Wifi? I don't, so no kexts are in the folder for that. Any kext that you add to the folder has to be added to the config file. The best way to open is honestly using X-Code, not Clover Config.

Kexts are loaded under Kernel
.efi files are under UEFI
.aml files are loaded through ACPI

I tried your OC file but it won’t boot. I also updated my bios to 11. I followed glasgod post but I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I tried your OC file but it won’t boot. I also updated my bios to 11. I followed glasgod post but I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.
OC is still in beta, so you should probably stick with clover then. It took a lot more work to get it working on my system, so I'm not really surprised. Sucks though TBH.

OC is still in beta, so you should probably stick with clover then. It took a lot more work to get it working on my system, so I'm not really surprised. Sucks though TBH.
I will then use Clover. Not sure then why my system is not able to boot. It seems every time I make a change to the bios it stops working. I put the bios as before and still no boot. I might need to reinstall Catalina. This is the only way I was able to get it to work.

I will then use Clover. Not sure then why my system is not able to boot. It seems every time I make a change to the bios it stops working. I put the bios as before and still no boot. I might need to reinstall Catalina. This is the only way I was able to get it to work.
If you've made a bunch of changes, you should reset NVRAM. I'm at work so I don't remember the key to do it in Clover, but I'm pretty sure hitting F3 will give you a hint.

This is something I always forget to say, but I do it all the time, lol.

If you've made a bunch of changes, you should reset NVRAM. I'm at work so I don't remember the key to do it in Clover, but I'm pretty sure hitting F3 will give you a hint.

actually F1. This build has been a tough one. Finally got it to boot off another EFI and configure file. Now applying changes on the SSD efi and it won’t boot. I wonder if it was because I updated clover to the latest. Still working on it.

I found out that this kext was causing the issue.

IO80211Family.kext

I am using a Qualcomm Atheros card for my wifi. Searching around for a solution.

Last edited:
I found out that this kext was causing the issue.

IO80211Family.kext

I am using a Qualcomm Atheros card for my wifi. Searching around for a solution.
Give this a shot. Use Hackintool to install it onto your system drive. link

Give this a shot. Use Hackintool to install it onto your system drive. link

I am back in business!! Wow!! I really hope this stays stable. Thank you so much for your help! You are one of the best members in this community.

I am back in business!! Wow!! I really hope this stays stable. Thank you so much for your help! You are one of the best members in this community.
Not a problem brotha. Thank you for the kind words.

Were you successful with Clover or OpenCore?

Not a problem brotha. Thank you for the kind words.

Were you successful with Clover or OpenCore?

I was successful with clover. I removed a bunch of kext as well. Also my new config has some changes. I see a performance boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back