Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. Aorus Z390 8700K Vega64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, used @psedog 's EFI and it keeps on rebooting. Back on my previous EFI and I'm able to boot into my other Mojave install.

this is how it looks
OK, so I updated today to the official release of Catalina and it came out fine. I zipped up my current assets and added it to post #2. Give it a shot and let me know if it worked for you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 11.25.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 11.25.20 PM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 98
Hello Psedog, Which clover version are you using? Thank You.
Installed over mojave, now just getting blank screen ;( will try it again, will see if your EFI makes a difference.
Does the version of clover matter?
I'm using version 5070. Make sure you are booting to your drive name + data. For some reason it won't default to that partition. It only comes up when you are installing and updating Catalina. It'll still let you boot into Mojave until you've completed the installation, which is weird to say the least.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 11.32.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 11.32.05 PM.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 108
it is still black in dark and white in light

what are you using to modify the assets.car file?

how many usb ports are working on your system?

Last edited:
I think my mb is busted. I was installing catalina again, then it was restarting a few times to finish the install. I manually restarted again, and all of a sudden the rgbs turned off and system restarted, then the rgbs didn’t turn on anymore. System will just keep on restarting after maybe 15-20 seconds. No beeps, nothing. Fans still spin, cooler still seem to be spinning as well (i can hear liquid being pumped, cycled through). So, I though of removing all peripherals (graphics, sata connections, memory), and still the same. So, I thought it was the power supply, so I tried the power supply of my previous build and it’s still the same. Any ideas?

it is still black in dark and white in light

what are you using to modify the assets.car file?

how many usb ports are working on your system?
I was using ThemeEngine, but it isn't compatible with Catalina, so I'm going to have to boot into a Mojave drive, which I'm not really sure if I have one lying around. I don't think I updated my 15" yet, so I'll look into trying to modify it there.

All of my USB ports are working, but some of the 3.0 ports I have set to only 3.0. I documented it in my original Mojave build thread.
I think my mb is busted. I was installing catalina again, then it was restarting a few times to finish the install. I manually restarted again, and all of a sudden the rgbs turned off and system restarted, then the rgbs didn’t turn on anymore. System will just keep on restarting after maybe 15-20 seconds. No beeps, nothing. Fans still spin, cooler still seem to be spinning as well (i can hear liquid being pumped, cycled through). So, I though of removing all peripherals (graphics, sata connections, memory), and still the same. So, I thought it was the power supply, so I tried the power supply of my previous build and it’s still the same. Any ideas?
On the bottom right of the motherboard you have 4 status lights that will tell you what is failing post. I would still try to boot it first though. Turn it on (for about 5 secs) and off several times and it should reset the bios to defaults. I haven't looked for this yet, but normally there is a Bios reset jumper or switch. Worst case, unplug the power supply, hit the power button (to drain residual power), then remove the CMOS battery. After that plug it back in and try to boot it.

The cmos reset jumper for our boards is right above the front panel header (power, reset, power and hdd led, etc)

guess I have a reason to keep a small Mojave volume around
I wish I knew why it wont show correct image
I did notice 4 images for system logo

Last edited:
The cmos reset jumper for our boards is right above the front panel header (power, reset, power and hdd led, etc)

guess I have a reason to keep a small Mojave volume around
I wish I knew why it wont show correct image
I did notice 4 images for system logo
Bad news. In Mojave, ThemeEngine cannot open up the Catalina Assets file correctly :(

Clover version should not matter as long as you are on 2.4k 4961 or higher
I started with 4961, one that was suggested and as newer versions came out updated clover
currently using 2.5k 5096
When versions greater than 5000 came out you must move any EFI drivers that clover does not include to the new location that clover looks for when goes to load the EFI drivers. Example: OsxAptioFix2Drv-fre2000.efi

If anyone can please take a look at this screenshot. I am unable to install Catalina and the screen goes black.

Attachments

• 2BF32C30-C467-4A25-836A-0B0B4734F32D.png
    2BF32C30-C467-4A25-836A-0B0B4734F32D.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back