Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. Aorus Z390 8700K Vega64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successfully updated to 10.15.5 (19F101) supplemental.
First post updated with the latest drivers/clover.

Native NVRam support has been added to this build. Both on Clover and Opencore. Honestly, I'm digging Opencore better ATM, so I think I'll be sticking with this from here on out. You can switch between Windows and OSX through System preferences now (OpenCore only). AptioFix2000 and EMUVariable are no longer required. Same with Slide=0 and on OC Dart=0 is no longer required as well. As always the first post of this thread has my latest EFI folders loaded.

Note: When ever you switch between OC and Clover or even different loads of the folders, make sure you clear your NVRam. You can do it when you get to the Clover Menu by pressing F11 and in the OC Menu you should Reset NVRam as an option.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 5.16.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 5.16.51 PM.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 4.59.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 4.59.50 PM.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 58
Am I the unluckiest person? My 9900ks just bit the dust! 2nd 9900k died on me in less than a year! No overclock whatsoever! Just died all of a sudden and wont post anymore. Now dealing with intel RMA.

Am I the unluckiest person? My 9900ks just bit the dust! 2nd 9900k died on me in less than a year! No overclock whatsoever! Just died all of a sudden and wont post anymore. Now dealing with intel RMA.
Wow, that's crazy. I've never had a CPU die on me. Even back in the days when we had to solder the bridges to unlock them and homemade water cooling systems with fish pumps. Good luck with the RMA process.

I had a motherboard kill 3 power supplies within the past 60 days
Gigabyte has that motherboard for repair or replacement
Current motherboard is MSI Z390-A Pro

I had a motherboard kill 3 power supplies within the past 60 days
Gigabyte has that motherboard for repair or replacement
Current motherboard is MSI Z390-A Pro
Do you have stable power where you live? That many power supplies sounds like unstable power more than power draw from a Mobo. I would think about investing in a UPS. Those ensure your power stays clean and stable (Clean as in it reduces fluctuations in voltage).

I was not awake or home when first power supply died, it also affected my slot machine it tilted when it spins reels to index them to original position when power was restored, if there a power issues it lets me know if I am here by the validator cycling.

The second one was about 24 hours after reinstalling a inland NVMe ssd (Windows) no detectable power issues
I was using the computer at the time

Third time was when I heard the pop no indication of power issue from other electronics including my lg uhd display
I was watching YouTube when it happened

Gigabyte has not given me any indication about my z390 auros pro I think second and third power supply failures was due to motherboard getting damaged during first one

Switch mode power supplies handle bad power issues better than analog supplies
Good switch mode power supplies have common mode filters and MOV’s as the first stage of power supply before the high voltage rectifiers

Most surges don’t get thru a switch mode unless it jumps through a weak component or the separation gap between high voltage and low voltage a week point could be the opti-isolators

Could be DP Cable causing it as well didn't know a DP cable carried power rails

Last edited:
Native NVRam support has been added to this build. Both on Clover and Opencore. Honestly, I'm digging Opencore better ATM, so I think I'll be sticking with this from here on out. You can switch between Windows and OSX through System preferences now (OpenCore only). AptioFix2000 and EMUVariable are no longer required. Same with Slide=0 and on OC Dart=0 is no longer required as well. As always the first post of this thread has my latest EFI folders loaded.

Note: When ever you switch between OC and Clover or even different loads of the folders, make sure you clear your NVRam. You can do it when you get to the Clover Menu by pressing F11 and in the OC Menu you should Reset NVRam as an option.

Hello Psedog,

Can I use the Efi on a USB drive With OC? I get the attach error message and afterwards I just see the Apple logo and nothing happens. Thanks.

Attachments

• 06F77372-DB88-4C7D-B235-5648471DF029.jpeg
    06F77372-DB88-4C7D-B235-5648471DF029.jpeg
    803.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hello Psedog,

Can I use the Efi on a USB drive With OC? I get the attach error message and afterwards I just see the Apple logo and nothing happens. Thanks.
It works from USB. If you haven't unlocked your CFG yet, then you need to do that in order to get OC working properly.

See post #63 for instructions. (It's super easy)

It works from USB. If you haven't unlocked your CFG yet, then you need to do that in order to get OC working properly.

See post #63 for instructions. (It's super easy)

I was able to get it to boot but then the screen went black. I know its running but just a black screen. I am not using any video card. I also reset NVRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back