Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. Aorus Z390 8700K Vega64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine running Catalina 10.15.1 using psedog's EFI and Bios F10. I had to install it on another Hack Computer and then swap the hard drive back into this build. Has anyone gotten sidecar function to work? I see it listed , but I cannot connect to iPad wirelessly or with usb c cable, using smbios 19.1

USB Configuration.
Here is my current USB Configuration and overall layout. Layout is written in the pictures. As you can see, some ports I have as USB 3.0 only and 1 rear port I have as 2.0 only even though it's a 3.0 port. That one I use for my mouse as my mouse and keyboard on the same USB 2.0 header were not happy and causing stuttering.​

Note: Front USB3 port uses 3 address all by itself, due to how it handles reversing the connection. The rear port only requires two addresses though.

Ports I have enabled. (HS = USB2.0 / SS = USB 3.0+)
HS01 / SS01 + SS02​
HS03​
SS04​
SS05​
SS06​
SS07​
SS08​
HS09 / SS09​
HS10 / SS10​
HS11​
HS13​
Layout
The pictures below show the layout. Use this to determine if my setup works for you. If not, then you can use this to gauge how you want to set yours up.​

View attachment 432930
View attachment 432931
I just went through the exercise of mapping myself today and a few things got my attention. I started following @UtterDisbelief's New Beginner's Guide and then saw Hackintool had some similar information/guide so I followed that.

1. You have two HS11 - One on the F_USB30 and one for F_USB1/2. My front USB ports show up as HS/SS 09/10. HS11 is F_USB1/2 and dedicated to my WiFi/BT PCIe add-on.
  2. The build-in WiFi/BT module are actually two ports I think - HS12 & HS14. You don't have it labeled, but you are excluding it from your mapping anyway. I guess, FYI to anyone wondering.
  3. In your latest EFI attached here, you have SSDT-UIAC.aml & SSDT-USBX.aml in the ACPI folder AND USBPorts.kext. According to Hackintool (Step 16 in the Help -> USB Port Patching):

Use the “Export” button to generate files to your Desktop
  • Copy SSDT-EC.aml (if created) to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  • Choose one of the following two:
    1. Copy USBPorts.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or;
    2. Copy SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml (if created) to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Currently, I just have the USBPorts.kext (generated from Hackintool) and SSDT-EC.aml in my ACPI/patched folder. Everything seems to work (although, my mapping is a little different than yours). Honestly, the patching of USB ports is not terribly difficult; I would recommend people take this task on even if just a learning exercise. :thumbup:

Regarding OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, I think I figured this out (or maybe just an observation). Based on various threads here and by the author of the driver and my own little venture to get AppleTV+ to work, I found that if I disable internal graphics in the BIOS (and run iMacPro1,1), I can reliably use AptioMemoryFix.efi with slide=0. The minute I enable internal graphics to run headless is when things go sideways. In fact, I'm not sure I can go back to running headless because once I switched to iMacPro1,1 w/o internal graphics, none of the memory fix drivers, with any value for slide, would work if I tried to go back to iMac19,1 w/ internal graphics (headless) + Vega 56. It's really kind of frustrating.

Now, the story might be different if you don't have a discrete graphics card or maybe if you have less physical hardware connected to the MB (e.g. a TB card or a WiFi/BT card), but I use all the things connected to my MB and don't feel like running a multi-day experiment right now. :)

Hello, maybe only cosmetic so necessary ! How have you done this prowess ?
Regards
Use Hackintool / PCI. Hit the Export on the bottom and add the values to your Devices.

I just went through the exercise of mapping myself today and a few things got my attention. I started following @UtterDisbelief's New Beginner's Guide and then saw Hackintool had some similar information/guide so I followed that.
  1. You have two HS11 - One on the F_USB30 and one for F_USB1/2. My front USB ports show up as HS/SS 09/10. HS11 is F_USB1/2 and dedicated to my WiFi/BT PCIe add-on.
  2. The build-in WiFi/BT module are actually two ports I think - HS12 & HS14. You don't have it labeled, but you are excluding it from your mapping anyway. I guess, FYI to anyone wondering.
  3. In your latest EFI attached here, you have SSDT-UIAC.aml & SSDT-USBX.aml in the ACPI folder AND USBPorts.kext. According to Hackintool (Step 16 in the Help -> USB Port Patching):
1. Not sure what you are talking about. HS11 are USB headers 1 and 2.
2. Go back to my first post. Everything is labeled in the graphics. (HS12 as far as I can tell isn't used.
3. Both work for me. Without USBPorts.kext the ports don't get assigned. As far as I can tell the UIAC and USBX tell the system what the ports actually do.

I'm going to work on getting rid of the reliance on OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. That's a project for the next couple of weeks. I had it working without it, but went back. I've heard it can destroy systems and even the developer is against it, so it's time to move on.

1. Correct. But the image in the first post has F_USB30 labeled as HS/SS 10/11. For me, they show up as HS/SS 09/10 and HS11 is the USB 2.0 headers on the bottom of the board. Probably just a typo.
2. HS12 showed up with a device number, which I assumed was part of the internal WiFi/BT (one for WiFi, one for BT? I dunno)
3. My BT stopped working with both installed, but if it ain't broke... ;) But also, doesn't SSDT-EC.aml govern the power to the ports for charging devices?

If you're running iMac19,1 in headless, try disabling internal graphics and removing the properties from clover. Then try AptioMemoryFix.efi with slide=0. That's what worked for me.

1. Correct. But the image in the first post has F_USB30 labeled as HS/SS 10/11. For me, they show up as HS/SS 09/10 and HS11 is the USB 2.0 headers on the bottom of the board. Probably just a typo.
2. HS12 showed up with a device number, which I assumed was part of the internal WiFi/BT (one for WiFi, one for BT? I dunno)
3. My BT stopped working with both installed, but if it ain't broke... ;) But also, doesn't SSDT-EC.aml govern the power to the ports for charging devices?

If you're running iMac19,1 in headless, try disabling internal graphics and removing the properties from clover. Then try AptioMemoryFix.efi with slide=0. That's what worked for me.
1. You are correct. I'll fix that.
2. Could be. Can't remember. I did all the mapping almost a full year ago.
3. If you were using the Bluetooth that is built in, then yes, I removed it as it conflicts with the official combo Wifi/Bluetooth card and you end up losing all bluetooth.

Extra, I've done that before. I'm trying to get it to work with the iGpu enabled. Lots of people want to take advantage of intel quicksync. I had it working prior with all the iGpu memory options turned down to minimum.

Bought another CPU AIO 240mm. Modified it to work on my Vega (had to widen the holes on the PCB as well). Now the GPU/Memory is chilly. Waiting on VRM heatsyncs and I'm going to cut out a sheet of Stainless steel to try and spread the VRM modules that are blocked by the cooler. I've got the Bios set to increase the pump/fan to 100% at 50°c. Now that I know my idle temps are in the 20's, I'll bring that down and see if it makes a difference. If so, it'll help with VRM temps too.

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 4.00.36 PM.png

In using the BCM94360CSAX out of my MacBook Pro and this PCIe riser card (Amazon Japan) . You can find similar cards on Amazon/eBay.

I bought this card and it worked like a charm

Hey folks, I'm back hackintoshing after my CPU went kaput! Back online with a 9900ks this time ;) I've got my old Mojave back up and working but can't seem to get Catalina working. Tried a fresh install of Mojave and upgraded to Catalina and it seem to not be able to load the IGPU driver (says Graphics driver failed to load) IGPU enabled in Bios (I'm using F12a Bios by the way). Tried with @psedog OpenCore and same thing happens, when I boot into the Catalina install, or on my other partition where I have just a basic Mojave installation, it gives that error. Can someone post their EFI folder.

Last edited:
@darrix Give this one a shot in Clover. My default one has the iGpu set without a video output, that was you can still use it for acceleration. Also, don't use an alpha build Bios. Go back to F11 until they have the full version of F12 out (Not F12a or F12b)

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.6 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back