Contribute
Register

PSA: Gigabyte F20B BIOS changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this :
At the Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection
Thanks!
It boots, however in 800x600 and if I try to enable the Nvidia web driver it boots again, but goes to reboot on login.
Any further tips?

Could you explain what those flags do?

Thanks!
It boots, however in 800x600 and if I try to enable the Nvidia web driver it boots again, but goes to reboot on login.
See Problem 6

Any further tips?
Edit your config.plist to include :
Code:
<key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

That is to say select Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist.

Could you explain what those flags do?
Link

See Problem 6

Edit your config.plist to include :
Code:
<key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

That is to say select Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist.

Link
Thank you! I booted successfully now. The last issue is that the clover boot menu is still in 800x600 and has graphics glitches.
Would you know how to fix that as well?

The last issue is that the clover boot menu is still in 800x600 and has graphics glitches.
Would you know how to fix that as well?
You could try installing CsmVideoDxe-64.efi with the Clover installer.
Screen resolution can be set in your config.plist.

You could try installing CsmVideoDxe-64.efi with the Clover installer.
Screen resolution can be set in your config.plist.
actually forgot to switch to win8/10 whql in bios and disable csm. Thank you for all the help, that was very efficient!

Hi all :)

Okay, so I took the plunge and updated the BIOS (see hardware details in my profile <- )

All went very smoothly by reading this forum and taking things slowly and, I hope, logically.

1) Edited a copy of my config.plist using Clover Configurator making sure KernelPM and PatchAPIC tick-boxes were ticked. Then saved this to my desktop. (Actually only needed the PatchAPIC one as the other was already ticked).

2) Because I've had trouble with the 10.12.4 Sierra update I'd reverted to 10.12.3 AND Clover v2.3k r3766 which is what MultiBeast 9.01 and UniBeast 7.1 use. So I moved the kexts installed into my EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder to the Library/Extensions folder by copying them to the desktop and using KextBeast to install them. Next, I upgraded Clover to v2.4k r4049 AND added the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to the drivers64 EFI section in the Clover installer, Customise pane, while I was at it.

Then Rebooted.

The desktop came up fine, so it was time to upgrade the BIOS from F4 to F20.

3) First I prepared an FPT Flash usb memory stick as a back-up in case anything went wrong. This just involved formatting a usb memory stick to FAT32 and copying the FPT files on to it, followed by the previous F4 BIOS renamed to bios.bin as per instructions.

4) Copied my newly modified config.plist into the EFI/EFI/CLOVER directory after renaming the original to config.old etc.

5) Rebooted and used used Q-Flash to upgrade the BIOS from a USB memory stick with the new BIOS on it.

6) The system rebooted itself to complete the process and I went into the new BIOS to change the usual Hackintosh settings. I Saved settings and on reboot chose the F12 option to make sure I was using the correct boot drive.

Everything worked smoothly and there were no hiccups. No need to use the FPT usb stick. Here I am writing this post with everything working as it should be and Sys Prefs showing all OK.

Next part of the project is to install a new Kaby Lake CPU, but that's for later ... :)

So whats the word on F22 bios? I have a z170 ud3 ultra and I'm going to install a 6700k and 3200 ram. Mixed reports on the Kaby biosen, does F22 fix any of the problems noted here? Best to stick with whatever it came with?

I updated from f20 to f22.
Easy, no problems.
Can not tell the differences.

I've been using F3a with no problems, I might try to go to F22 to see if it will help make my Overclocks more stable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back