Contribute
Register

PSA: Gigabyte F20B BIOS changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the renaming trick and could not boot into MacOS. I have an H170N-WIFI mb, maybe that had something to do with the mb version?

I had to boot into my backup hard drive and then change back to "EFI/BOOT" to be able to boot again. I don't know how I could have "fixed" it without the backup. Phew!

I would really like to try updating the BIOS but am reluctant to try since there doesn't be a definitive answer. What works for some seems to fail for others. <sigh>
I believe that first you have to "Add Clover boot options for all entries", from the Clover Options menu, and then remove everything that's not the proper boot option, by doing "bcfg boot dump" in the Clover EFI Shell. Same as it's explained here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/boot-entries-duplicate-on-clover-boot.181720/

It worked for me.

I have upgraded to F20 because I couldn´t enter in the boot menu with F12. Big mistake.

After the upgrading I had a kernel panic when I tried to enter in Mac Os Sierra. I tried to enter into the recovery partition with no luck. I have a partition with the Time Machine Backup so I erased my Sierra partition and installed everything again with unibeast.

My first problem, I don´t know why but the clover options where no installed the first time in the new install. I had to use the USB to load and with the multibeast I installed the clover options.

After install all the patches again with multibeast I had again the same kernel panic. I reinstalled again erasing everything, I have testing all the options and the problem is with the intelHD 530 patch. I have to use the internal graphic card because I have a 1070 nvidia. Anyone knows how to remove the patch? is there any other patch other than multibeast?

Without that patch the intel only shows 18 mb and everything is very slow.

edit: adding this code resolved the problem with full acceleration
Code:
<key>Graphics</key> 
<dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x19120000</string>
</dict>

Last edited:
I flashing Bios by FTP Z170 Tool on Gigabyte Z170X-Designare . Reboot and is OK but I have Two Ethernet cards: one Intel i211 and second Intel i219-v. Mac address for i211 is correct (is not 100% compatible on Sierra) but i219-v change mac address - 88.88.88........All cards works ok. I need flashing eprom tools for intel i219-v to revert origin mac address.
EEupdate.exe tool detect only i211...Is any flashing software for i219-v ?

UPDATE : Succesfull. Must be new version of eeupdate.exe (February 2016) that detect Intel i219 V card.
USB boot stick with Eeupdate.exe on it.
Boot and type:
eeupdate /nic=1 /mac=xxxxxxxxxxxx
Where xxxxxxxxxxxx is a new MAC Address.

You can download app mac address writer 2.07 from here:

http://www.asrock.com/support/download/mactool.asp

In folder intx550/int219KB/ is a new version of eeupdate.exe

Hey Bombardier 10 - I wanted to say Thank you. I think I originally just joined this forum to snoop around and learn a while ago, but I had to post a thank you for your little guide here. I got myself a Gigabyte Z-170X-G7, and foolishly updated the firmware to F20 in the hopes that maybe in a year I would get a Kaby Lake CPU. Unfortunately, I learned the F20 was made just for the Kaby Lake, as it raises default voltages, removes some of the options for my mobo, and replaces the UEFI gui to a nasty looking red and black interface that assaults the eyes. I discovered a tool to flash back to F8 and read that it would change the mac address to 888888888887, but since I don't use the internal NIC I figured I would do it anyway and recorded the original in the chance that I could fix it one day. For some reason it started to bug me and your post was the only real fix I have been able to find. So.... Thank you. It was incredibly helpful and I thought you should know it helped out someone that you weren't even directing the post to anyway.

Cheers

Hi Guys

im on gigabyte h110m-ds2 updated to f20
im getting kernel panic

anyone having the same issue here?

Attachments

• 20170308113415.jpg
    20170308113415.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 230
im on gigabyte h110m-ds2 updated to f20
im getting kernel panic

Looks like you set DVMT-prealloc incorrectly. Check BIOS settings. IGPU preallocated memory must be 64mb or larger.

Looks like you set DVMT-prealloc incorrectly. Check BIOS settings. IGPU preallocated memory must be 64mb or larger.

Hi Brebo thanks for the reply
but i could not find dvmt listed on bios setting.

hi can i use FTP Z170 Tool to flash downgrade my h110m-ds2 gigabyte mother board?
please advise thanks

Hi Brebo thanks for the reply
but i could not find dvmt listed on bios setting.

did you tried?

Chipset
VT-d -- Disabled
Internal Graphics -- Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated -- 64M
DVMT Total Gfx Mem -- 256M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back