Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
I wonder if there is s current No. 1 build that can handle 4K video editing, including on Premiere? I would be thrilled to find a build that is tried and true -- one that has been built by multiple Hackintoshers, with a minimum of surprises. I'm not a techie, and would really appreciate guidance on what would be the most foolproof choice. I'm not looking for a super high end build, but one that still could work in the context of professional video editing. Thanks so much.

Take a look here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/golden-builds.87/

General guidelines: Pick a golden build with an i7-8700K and an Asus or Gigabyte Z370 ATX motherboard. You'll want to choose one with at least 32GB of ram and an Nvidia GTX 1070 or better GPU. I believe the prices of the 1080 (Ti) will be going down shortly due to the coming 2080 Ti release. You can ask specific questions about each build in the respective thread in Golden Builds.

Premiere Pro will definitely benefit from the use of a 1080. See below.

Last edited:
Take a look here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/golden-builds.87/

General guidelines: Pick a golden build with an i7-8700K and an Asus or Gigabyte Z370 ATX motherboard. You'll want to choose one with at least 32GB of ram and an Nvidia GTX 1070 or better GPU. I believe the prices of the 1080 (Ti) will be going down shortly due to the coming 2080 Ti release. You can ask specific questions about each build in the respective thread in Golden Builds.

Premiere Pro will definitely benefit from the use of a 1080. See below.

Thanks for the great information. My tentative plan is just to select from components in the Buyer's Guide custom mac pro section, probably picking each component from Amazon. I'll use the GTX 1070 and the 32GB of RAM recommended there. Is this the safest course? In Golden Builds, the choices are overwhelming, and I'm not sure if some of the systems require extra tweaking due to peculiarities of the video cards, RAM or other components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back