Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Everyday brings its share of surprises!
I've just bumped into a thread at Avid Audio Forums (known as the Digi User Conference) with many people running their ProTools LE 8.0.5 on OS 10.8 with plugins and all! :eek:
The problems are not software related, as it seems (PT runs well, I've already seen posts of the M-Audio version saying so), but due to the extensions supporting the hardware, so it may depend, whether yours is an Mbox mini, pro or standard, or anything else.
Avid is not supporting this, of course.
It looks that you have to move discarded extensions manually, sometimes, probably install latest drivers...
Some say they don't have midi running, but most of them seem to run PT8 flawlessly, which is a huge surprise to me and may change my CustoMac build selection once again! :banghead: :D
(N.B.: I was at first planning a Z77+Ivy then discovered 10.6 would not run it and went back to a Z68+Sandy project... :crazy:)
I don't have enough information to guaranty anything, but I think it's an important news to share with the community! :headbang:
If anyone has already tried, let us know! :)

P.S.: I'm not sure if posting a link to the above mentioned forum would infringe the Rules, that's why I don't do it. ;)

Sounds to me like it'd be something that would inevitably be an ongoing pain in the ass rather than a stable solution for an audio machine where you want to focus on the music and not troubleshooting, but that's just me...!

My advice is to forget PT on Hackintosh and just go with Logic Pro which works quite well with a wider variety of setups.

Hail happy ProTools users! :D
I've made the jump and installed a fresh OS 10.8 on my iMac core2duo (early 2008), installed my PT 8.0.5 and as amazing as it sounds: TOTAL SUCCESS!!! :eek: :headbang:
Playing and recording, audio and midi, for a few days of tests without a single problem!
Even third party plugins install and run! (I don't own any iLok protected ones so I can't tell if it would be an issue)
I'm using an MBox 2, so I'm not sure if a non-USB interface (firewire) would give problems or not, but if you're lucky and have bought version 8 together with any MBox2 or other USB interface, I think you can go eyes wide shut for a Z77+Ivy+ML build.:angel:
That is, if we assume that what works on a real Mac will work on a CustoMac?
That's where we need the experimented builders to answer.;)

P.S.: hoping there won't be another Logic sniper hiding behind the corner... :lol: :mrgreen:

Haha you're right. I'm glad you got it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back