Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of NVME, I grabbed one of those Intel 660p's that don't do so hot as an OS drive and I use it as my Session drive. I just dump into to my Archive every quarter or half a year.

I have had a 1TB 660p as boot/OS drive from day 1 on my z390 rig. What's supposed to go wrong? Zero problems in 6 months...

I have had a 1TB 660p as boot/OS drive from day 1 on my z390 rig. What's supposed to go wrong? Zero problems in 6 months...

Some people have reported problems throughout so I avoided it. I say if it works for you then keep rolling with it. Here's a video that might explain a little though.

Thanks guys!

I've elected to go with the gold standard build of an i9 9900K, a GB Designare z390, with the addition of a Radeon VII, some G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series RAM (4x8GB), and a host of Samsung NVME/SSD drives.

Cheers - really appreciate the help regarding the PT compatibility and Thunderbolt!

Thanks guys!

I've elected to go with the gold standard build of an i9 9900K, a GB Designare z390, with the addition of a Radeon VII, some G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series RAM (4x8GB), and a host of Samsung NVME/SSD drives.

Cheers - really appreciate the help regarding the PT compatibility and Thunderbolt!

Im pumped for you. The @CaseySJ guide will get you up and running with a good understanding of how and why. Have fun!

Thanks guys!

Hey Avonkorff, good luck with your built.
I'm running an HDX System on a Hackintosh for 6 years now with very little stress. Since it's aged now I am thinking of building a new one in the foreseeable future. It would be great if you share your experience here. Installation guide etc.. Doesn't have to be detailed as the golden build referred to here...
Thanks in advance.

Seconding et71 above...I've been on a PT Native (PCIe) system for 5 years without a hitch. Never played much with TB except for once a long time ago with an external drive, but shortly thereafter I switched completely over to SSDs and have not looked back. If you need TB, chances are you're better off getting it from a PCIe card than trying to get onboard TB working, though my info may be a bit out of date (I'm on an older z97 Gigabyte UD7-TH board, running High Sierra.) . Still, love the hackintosh for PT.

Hey all! Am a first time poster here but over the last few months have been doing as deep a dive as I can (given schedule) on using a hackintosh to power a ProTools HD, specifically HD Native, rig.

Hi avonkorff,

I'm wondering if you can help me. I'm in a similar boat as you were, looking to build a new Hackintosh to run Pro Tools (see thread here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z490-vision-d-build-for-pro-tools.300647/)

I'm wondering if you have any insight or learned anything with your build that that might help me?

Thanks in advance. Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back