HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi! I really need your help, my father works with an old PPC G5 with these 2 PCI-X (?) Cards, I think the system is the ProTools HD2 Accel.

Yesterday the Mac stopped working, and he needs something in order to use these cards. Magma Chassis can't be the solution...

I already managed to make 5 hackintosh, but I don't know nothing about the PCI-X slot, how it works, and how the ProTools cards work!

I read a lot about these cards compatibility with standard PCI, but a lot of things were unclear.
Native PCI, 3.3V or 5V... What do I need?
But, the most important thing is that the claimed working mobos are the JETWAY JNAF92-Q67 and the Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 but they're obsolete!

Can you help me?

Thank you.
Andrea
pro tools.jpg
protools 1.jpg

sorry to tell you, but magma chassis is the only solution.. Tell your pops to ditch the accel cards and go HD Native. Thats what I did. Its either that or magma chassis for old PCI-x cards..

-B

I can happily say that it works again, changed GPU, Ram, repaired permissions and it goes... (Yep, I have another broken G5... I stole the components from it).
BUT this problem will come back soon.

I don't know nothing about the protools world, but he says that changing ProTools cards means changing the entire ISA 192 (?) system.

So, if you, or someone else can explain to me how the compatibility with the PCI works and why the cards should work with Jetway mobo's PCI, I would really appreciate that!
... The truth is that NOW I'm pretty curious, I need to learn as much as I can about it!

Anyway thank you for your suggestion, maybe he will decide to change the system

What brado32 told you is completely incorrect.

With the proper motherboard, processor, and unibeast you can make a very snappy PTHD10 system for those old PCIX cards (up to HD3) running mountain lion.

The gigabyte GA-P75-D3 is the easiest mobo to use alongside an ivy bridge 1155 processor (i3-3225 or i5 3570(k) ideally)

If you search ebay there are guys selling these mobos - but they are officially discontinued by Gigabyte :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back