Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys

I'm building a duel booting Hackintosh for Pro Tools 10 (will update to 11/12 in the future). I produce music professionally, so stability with many VI's is key. The 2011 socket builds have proven to be very stable with Pro Tools, so I don't mind spending the extra cash. The GPU is overkill but I would also like to be able to boot up Windows, so I can game.

Here is the build (note the parts in italics, I already own)
I would love to know your thoughts

i7-4820K
GA-X79-UP4
16GB Vengeance Corsair LP
GTX 770 2GB (overkill, but it's for gaming)
Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb (for Mac)
240GB Kingston SSD (For Windows)
2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB
XFX Pro Black 750W

R4 Fractal Design
Custom CPU Cooler
Mbox 3
OSX 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion)

As soon as I get the green light from you guys I'll go ahead with this build

Thanks

Have you checked the Golden Builds forum for music production builds? If not, you'll probably be able to pick up ideas and useful suggestions from there. If you're set on a Samsung 840 Pro for the Mac side, have you considered a Samsung 840 EVO for the Windows side (instead of the Kingston)? You'll be able to use the Samsung Magician software on Windows to monitor usage and optimise the latter SSD in that case (but only monitor usage for the Mac SSD).

Hey YWO
Yeah, I've had a good look through the golden build and the problem that keeps appearing is that the builds use the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Motherboard. I live in the UK and you can't buys these boards any more.

I've already bought the Kingston SSD a while ago, if I didn't I would go with your advice. I will eventually buy more SSD's and stay with the Samsung brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back