Contribute
Register

ProStudio build: Successful 99% working Asus X99-Pro/i7-5930x/GTX980 (oc) edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i7 5930K
Graphics
GTX980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Wow! Sorry you had to go through all of that.. How were you able to get the faulty components diagnosed? I recently had 3 different motherboards go bad on me within a week's time and am now getting ready to explore my options..

Here is plist, I am using and some words of advice.

I had a local tech from a company look at the motherboard error and his eyes got HUGE. The motherboard was completely burned up and you could see the damage physically on the board. The CPU was completely faulty and couldn't even run for 10 seconds without it throwing the system into a tizzy.

- i've included my plist and smbios.plist as well. Hopefully this answers some much needed questions.

Word of advice. These motherboards are very temperamental and need stable working temperatures. Overlocking these Pro boards should be done EXTREMELY carefully! Right now I'm running an OC of 47 with BLCK of 125mhz under the BIOS. Ram is sitting at 2333 mhz from 2133mhz. The power consumption on full load is nearing 980 watts. I'm rendering 4K 3D stills on DAZ3D 4.8 Pro. Temps are 75C with some spikes hitting 80C even with a water cooler on full. I have a temp alert if the CPU is nearing thermal cap and so far its within the thermal tolerance. It's a bit high.... but yet again the turbo frequency is over 5 GHZ. Might.... explain....something....

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    1.1 KB · Views: 260
  • smbios.plist
    830 bytes · Views: 274
Motherboard
Asus X99-Pro
CPU
Intel i7 5820k
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Twin Frozr
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Sorry to be picky but could you point me to "Roth's install method" and could you say what exactly the bios settings were for your system please? I have very similar system and have big trouble getting the right post install settings.
Thanks

Motherboard
Asus x79 Sabertooth Deluxe
CPU
Graphics
NVIDIA 710 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I am attempting a similar build with an Asus X99 Pro and a 5930K CPU together with a GTX 950.

did you guy so anything different to what's described here? except for that "installing to an external SSD" of course ;)

care to share your multibeast and clover settings?

Hi did you try installing macOS Sierra on your machine.. I have same exact computer you have but.. it's a real to install Sierra on it..

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi did you try installing macOS Sierra on your machine.. I have same exact computer you have but.. it's a real to install Sierra on it..
Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.