Contribute
Register

Proposed ProTools HD Sandy Bridge Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
leluoch said:
Hi everybody
i have Protools Hd2 PCIe & Blackmagic Intensity pro PCIe & ilok & dual Dvi eizo monitor & 3HDD
i want to bulid hackintosh just for protools 8.0.4
does GA-X58A-Ud3r (any ver ) works OOB or another one will be best ??
Ati or Nvidia ? or not problem anyone out dual dvi will work ?
i need a stable system (os 10.6.7 )
thanks 4 helping

This thread's pretty much only about getting a working PCI HD rig going. We're probably not much help.

-JK- said:
XLR said:
Don't even bother installing PT before sorting out your DSDT, total waste of time tbh.

Any specific post you're replying to? What would you do with your DSDT and how would you do it?

Yeah, don't jump ship yet. I also think your DSDT is the culprit. I had to call off the attempt for a few days to get some mixes finished for a client.

I was not yet fully running, but my HD cards and UAD cards were recognized properly. I had some USB issues with iLok (a sure sign of DSDT issues) and stuttering issues that may or may not be resolved already.

Attacking the DSDT side soonish.

XLR said:
Don't even bother installing PT before sorting out your DSDT, total waste of time tbh.
I had my xw8400 up and running on 10.6.7 using iboot+retail 10.6.3 and easybeast way before I even knew what a DSDT was. This ran PTHD3 PCI-X with no problems. Network and audio never worked but never tried to get them working.

Almost make me want to go back now and try to sort out the DSDT for that board but now it's a mute point. I am up and running smooth but sure wish I was on Sandy! :(

XLR said:
-JK- said:
XLR said:

Any specific post you're replying to? What would you do with your DSDT and how would you do it?
I'd look for errors in kernel.log, look at ioreg, and fix the relevant sections of dsdt accordingly.

Your motherboard may be perfect for PT, especially if it works in Win but doesn't works in OSX. So the problem is most probably with the way you installed OSX.

It's just that the ASUS P8B WS worked without any editing... But I would love to sort this out, it's just that I have no idea where and how to start. Could you take my hand and lead me through the DSDT editing path? ;-) I'm keen on technical stuff, but you know how it is, it's hard to get into something if you've never done it before.

So if you (or anyone) could tell me step-by-step which tools to use to do what, I would highly appreciate it! I could also provide you with files to look for errors yourselfes if you tell me which ones you need and how to extract them.

FrakkingMac said:
leluoch said:
Hi everybody
i have Protools Hd2 PCIe & Blackmagic Intensity pro PCIe & ilok & dual Dvi eizo monitor & 3HDD
thanks 4 helping

This thread's pretty much only about getting a working PCI HD rig going. We're probably not much help.
sorry
just i have a simple q? does protools HD pci-e (NOT PCI X) work with (x58A)
i mean all Pcie slot works without issues with 3pcie ( PT HD2 - intensity pro - GFX )
thx

leluoch said:
FrakkingMac said:
leluoch said:
Hi everybody
thanks 4 helping

sorry
i mean all Pcie slot works without issues with 3pcie ( PT HD2 - intensity pro - GFX )
thx
Yes.

leluoch said:
FrakkingMac said:
leluoch said:
Hi everybody
thanks 4 helping

sorry
thx
Yes, it would work. I tried a Pro Tools HD Native Card in combination with X58-UD3R.
It worked out of the box on OSx 10.6.7
Avid recommend not to install 10.6.8 because it causes Kernel Panics.
I think HD TDM will properly will work without any issue if you got an verified DSDT ;)

BerndVP said:
Yes, it would work. I tried a Pro Tools HD Native Card in combination with X58-UD3R.
I think HD TDM will properly will work without any issue if you got an verified DSDT ;)
thanks
so X58A better than sandybridge
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
12 Gb ram with i7 950
will be great for mastring
:arrow: Ati or Nvidia ?
thanks for quick reply
:wave:

leluoch said:
BerndVP said:
thanks
so X58A better than sandybridge
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
12 Gb ram with i7 950
will be great for mastring
:arrow: Ati or Nvidia ?
thanks for quick reply
:wave:

No one said that x58 was better than sandybridge. It is however the chipset for extreemist. For what you will be using it for.....Sandy would be the better choice.

A 2600k is faster than i7 950 and will overclock much easier and use less wattage.

x58 chipset is awsome! But z68 and a small SSD for caching is also very very very smart.

If you are going to go x58 then then you would have to get at least an i7 970 (6 Core) to compete with the i7 2600k but then you would need tripple channel ram and with sandy 16gigs is easy to obtain while you would have to go with 24 to compete in the ram department of the x58 (Tripple Channel).

Sandybridge is just a smart format for anyone buying or building a computer. There are many working rigs here on this site but hey x58 is also tried and true so there you have it. I would buy a z68 board for a ProTools HD PCI-e over a x58 in a heartbeat!

Good luck. :thumbup:

RonT said:
No one said that x58 was better than sandybridge. It is however the chipset for extreemist. For what you will be using it for.....Sandy would be the better choice.

A 2600k is faster than i7 950 and will overclock much easier and use less wattage.

x58 chipset is awsome! But z68 and a small SSD for caching is also very very very smart.

If you are going to go x58 then then you would have to get at least an i7 970 (6 Core) to compete with the i7 2600k but then you would need tripple channel ram and with sandy 16gigs is easy to obtain while you would have to go with 24 to compete in the ram department of the x58 (Tripple Channel).

Sandybridge is just a smart format for anyone buying or building a computer. There are many working rigs here on this site but hey x58 is also tried and true so there you have it. I would buy a z68 board for a ProTools HD PCI-e over a x58 in a heartbeat!

Good luck. :thumbup:
protools Hd pci-e recommend 10.6.7 not 10.6.8 becuase KP
i know SB better than X58A but But what I meant is better for 10.6.7
plz wat the best Z68 motherboard run os 10.6.7 (stable) not 10.6.8
without get KP
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back