Contribute
Register

Proposed ProTools HD Sandy Bridge Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
RonT said:
:headbang:

Well there are still many many many many many many users that report that Windows 7 64bit and ProTools HD 9 is a very good match.

This is great news! Keep us informed.

Only if that board had and extra PCI-e 1x slot.

Is the ethernet adapter supported in OSX?

I know, it's a great OS and probably more stable than a Hackintosh system, I'd like to stick with Mac OS though because of the additional plug-ins available and the different shortcuts that I would have to relearn. I'm installing Mac OS again from scratch right now.

lorudess said:
A bit offtopic and maybe not the right place :beachball: ... but I need to know, do the c20x server mobos work with XP?
It´s one of the questions I have on my mind during this time on the way to the 1155-Protools HD build.... we will get it!!! :thumbup:

Thx

Pro Tools 9 doesn't support Windows XP anymore, and I think 8.1 doesn't either.

-JK- said:
I know, it's a great OS and probably more stable than a Hackintosh system, I'd like to stick with Mac OS though because of the additional plug-ins available and the different shortcuts that I would have to relearn. I'm installing Mac OS again from scratch right now.

I ran PT9 on my (now hack) back when it was a windows 7 system. Most plugins are available on both platforms, and your ilok auth's are cross platform.

With a simple keymapping program i was able to remap the keys in w7 to match the mac keys exactly when using in pro tools. It's def. a viable alternative .. it was rock solid for the few weeks i used it, but then it's been solid as a hack as well.

-JK- said:
lorudess said:
A bit offtopic and maybe not the right place :beachball: ... but I need to know, do the c20x server mobos work with XP?
It´s one of the questions I have on my mind during this time on the way to the 1155-Protools HD build.... we will get it!!! :thumbup:

Thx

Pro Tools 9 doesn't support Windows XP anymore, and I think 8.1 doesn't either.

I know... PT HD 7.4 here.

the3030club said:
-JK- said:

I ran PT9 on my (now hack) back when it was a windows 7 system. Most plugins are available on both platforms, and your ilok auth's are cross platform.

With a simple keymapping program i was able to remap the keys in w7 to match the mac keys exactly when using in pro tools. It's def. a viable alternative .. it was rock solid for the few weeks i used it, but then it's been solid as a hack as well.

I just tried to get used to PT on Windows but somehow it didn't work out at all. I couldn't even switch between Mix and Edit window using ctrl+=, it just didn't work. I also couldn't play audio back through my interface because there are only ASIO drivers for Windows. Besides, PT on Windows looks plain ugly. Think I'll try the ASUS board and hope that this is working...

-JK- said:
[quote="-JK-":tza56qlf][quote="-JK-":tza56qlf]Just a short update from my side: I got the X9SCA-F (the non-F-version doesn't seem to be available yet) last week, but it seems that ECC is mandatory, not optional, so I have to get some ECC ram to test it first... Will do that this week and update my status though.

OK, so I got myself ECC RAM and got the board to work with my Mac OS installation, but unfortunately with Pro Tools HD cards I got DAE errors 1146 with HD2 and 9162 with HD1, regardless of the PCI slots I inserted them in. So it seems that the ASUS P8B-C/4L might be the only chance left for a working Pro Tools HD Hackintosh rig...[/quote:tza56qlf]

Another update: everything's working fine under Windows 7. Maybe my Mac OS installation was corrupt, I'll try to install another one.[/quote:tza56qlf]

Installed again from scratch, but no luck, still getting DAE errors. I guess I'll have to return my board once more...

Don't even bother installing PT before sorting out your DSDT, total waste of time tbh.

XLR said:
Don't even bother installing PT before sorting out your DSDT, total waste of time tbh.

Any specific post you're replying to? What would you do with your DSDT and how would you do it?

Hi everybody
i have Protools Hd2 PCIe & Blackmagic Intensity pro PCIe & ilok & dual Dvi eizo monitor & 3HDD
i want to bulid hackintosh just for protools 8.0.4
does GA-X58A-Ud3r (any ver ) works OOB or another one will be best ??
Ati or Nvidia ? or not problem anyone out dual dvi will work ?
i need a stable system (os 10.6.7 )
thanks 4 helping

-JK- said:
XLR said:

Any specific post you're replying to? What would you do with your DSDT and how would you do it?
I'd look for errors in kernel.log, look at ioreg, and fix the relevant sections of dsdt accordingly.

Your motherboard may be perfect for PT, especially if it works in Win but doesn't works in OSX. So the problem is most probably with the way you installed OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back