Contribute
Register

Proposed ProTools HD Sandy Bridge Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem and I had to change the hard disk buffer to 4 in the playback engine setup.

JH2011 said:
-JK- said:
I know, that's why I sent it back and replaced it with a 3 slot X9SCA. :) I can confirm that the P8B WS was working with a Core i7 CPU though. Nice PDF btw, good overview. For me the X9SCA still is the number one board for an HD3 system with additional PCIe cards like UADs or USB 3.0/Firewire 800 cards.

JK - Is your X9SCA working with i7-2600K ? Also, Win 7 or OSX ? PT HD 9?

Please give as much info as possible - I want to try it for my HD3...

Also, is it X9SCA or X9SCA-F ?

Thanks!
JH2011

Just a short update from my side: I got the X9SCA-F (the non-F-version doesn't seem to be available yet) last week, but it seems that ECC is mandatory, not optional, so I have to get some ECC ram to test it first... Will do that this week and update my status though.

Basically you extract the DSDT from the bios, convert it, edit it, resave it, the use it with multi beast.

FrakkingMac said:
Basically you extract the DSDT from the bios, convert it, edit it, resave it, the use it with multi beast.

OK, and specifically? ;-) Is there a step-by-step-guide what and how to edit?

A bit offtopic and maybe not the right place :beachball: ... but I need to know, do the c20x server mobos work with XP?
It´s one of the questions I have on my mind during this time on the way to the 1155-Protools HD build.... we will get it!!! :thumbup:

Thx

-JK- said:
Just a short update from my side: I got the X9SCA-F (the non-F-version doesn't seem to be available yet) last week, but it seems that ECC is mandatory, not optional, so I have to get some ECC ram to test it first... Will do that this week and update my status though.

OK, so I got myself ECC RAM and got the board to work with my Mac OS installation, but unfortunately with Pro Tools HD cards I got DAE errors 1146 with HD2 and 9162 with HD1, regardless of the PCI slots I inserted them in. So it seems that the ASUS P8B-C/4L might be the only chance left for a working Pro Tools HD Hackintosh rig...

-JK- said:
[quote="-JK-":2fgam7hf]Just a short update from my side: I got the X9SCA-F (the non-F-version doesn't seem to be available yet) last week, but it seems that ECC is mandatory, not optional, so I have to get some ECC ram to test it first... Will do that this week and update my status though.

OK, so I got myself ECC RAM and got the board to work with my Mac OS installation, but unfortunately with Pro Tools HD cards I got DAE errors 1146 with HD2 and 9162 with HD1, regardless of the PCI slots I inserted them in. So it seems that the ASUS P8B-C/4L might be the only chance left for a working Pro Tools HD Hackintosh rig...[/quote:2fgam7hf]

Another update: everything's working fine under Windows 7. Maybe my Mac OS installation was corrupt, I'll try to install another one.

-JK- said:
[quote="-JK-":ut6deyxf][quote="-JK-":ut6deyxf]Just a short update from my side: I got the X9SCA-F (the non-F-version doesn't seem to be available yet) last week, but it seems that ECC is mandatory, not optional, so I have to get some ECC ram to test it first... Will do that this week and update my status though.

OK, so I got myself ECC RAM and got the board to work with my Mac OS installation, but unfortunately with Pro Tools HD cards I got DAE errors 1146 with HD2 and 9162 with HD1, regardless of the PCI slots I inserted them in. So it seems that the ASUS P8B-C/4L might be the only chance left for a working Pro Tools HD Hackintosh rig...[/quote:ut6deyxf]

Another update: everything's working fine under Windows 7. Maybe my Mac OS installation was corrupt, I'll try to install another one.[/quote:ut6deyxf]
:headbang:

Well there are still many many many many many many users that report that Windows 7 64bit and ProTools HD 9 is a very good match.

This is great news! Keep us informed.

Only if that board had and extra PCI-e 1x slot.

Is the ethernet adapter supported in OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back