Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have a Thinkcentre m920X tiny with Big Sur public beta and I cannot get Propertree to run. Every time I open it, it crashes Python. I have updated both propertree and python to the latest versions with the same result.
I also have a macbook pro with big sur on it and propertree works just fine, so its something to do with the hackintosh.
Anyone else have the same problem, or is it just my particular installation.

@docsevo I've got the same issue, PIP3 is running well on Big Sur 11.0.1, but then I re-install 11.1, it was happened, can I know is your problem solved? If yes, please guide.

@docsevo I've got the same issue, PIP3 is running well on Big Sur 11.0.1, but then I re-install 11.1, it was happened, can I know is your problem solved? If yes, please guide.
Try this:

Open ProperTree.command in a text editor

Change the first line from

#!/usr/bin/env python

to

#!/usr/bin/env python3

Worked for me, anyway!

Try this:

Open ProperTree.command in a text editor

Change the first line from

#!/usr/bin/env python

to

#!/usr/bin/env python3

Worked for me, anyway!
I tried your workaround, don't work for me.
It crash again

sigh...

According to the author, it happens if you installed Python via a package management tool like Homebrew because of the outdated version of tk in Big Sur. To resolve the problem by yourself, just simply download Python from the official website and install it.

Tried installing python from the official source but that didn't work. Adding the 3 did the trick! thanks.

Here is a link to the fix for using ProperTree in Big Sur:

I just followed the instructions provided by d4vid1 and can now use ProperTree in Big Sur 11.1.

I had previously changed the python version as suggested in post #3, but that wasn't successful.

If I had seen and used the buildapp-python3.command to build the ProperTree App for Big Sur in the beginning maybe I wouldn't have had to do anything more.

For anyone that wasn't able to solve this problem by changing the first line of the ProperTree.command from Python to Python3 please note that you'll need to add the reference to Python to reflect the version corresponding to that installed on Big Sur.

I have Python3.9 installed so I changed the first line from Python to Python3.9

Hope this helps.

Alternatively you can use the buildapp-python3.command, which can be found in the /ProperTree-master/Scripts folder, to create a ProperTree application, which can then be installed to the Applications folder.

Reactions: JD7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back