Contribute
Register

Proper USB configuration (Catalina, OpenCore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9700 4K (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 3840x2400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey!

I started over again with OpenCore from Clover, and now I want to do things properly. Before, on Clover, I also always had power issues on the USB ports and errors in boot log. Tried using Hackintool to select only the needed ports and export kext aswell as USBX and UIAC SSDTs. With the SSDTs alone, I get more ports than are specified in the SSDT, with the kext alone the ports match my selection. Power still does not work (using my iPad for testing purposes).

Attached my EFI folder, a screenshot of the Hackintool USB section as well as my current booted DSDT, extracted with MaciASL. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you, guys! :)

// Edit: Just read that you need to enable XHCI-Handoff, but I've searched through my whole (pretty unlocked) bios, but didn't find that setting. The question now is - what's its default value? ...

Attachments

• PR_Files.zip
    3 MB · Views: 82
  • System DSDT.dsl
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • USB_Config.png
    USB_Config.png
    716.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I fixed it, please read my response in my other thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/opencore-battery-patch.295289/post-2103381

Basically, it's easier and cleaner to just alter the Info.plist inside of USBInjectAll, and don't forget about your USBX SSDT. I've attached my USBX and USBInjectAll for good measures here. Then, delete UIAC.

BTW, UsbConnector integer field can have the following values: 3 -> USB3, 0 -> USB2, 255 -> Internal, 9 -> USB C with Switch. Note: HS (USB2) ports that are tied to SS (USB3) ports are seen as USB3 aswell.

Attachments

• SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 119
  • USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back