Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 670
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For anyone with the same problem I had. If Promise Pegasus won't mount in Yosemite - I have 10.10.2 - uninstall Utility and go to the website and install newest utility made for Yosemite or highest OS Mac.

That's what I did and presto - Mounted!

I tried this out of a whim of nothing else working...Unplugging, plugging, switching thunderbolt ports, turning the cable around and so on.

Anyhow, best of luck to anyone with the same issue.

Thank you so much for your post.
I installed Yosemite 10.10.3 and my Promise Pegasus R4 works just fine. I have to turn off the computer, turn on the Promise Pegasus and start the computer again.

The boot is slower when my R4 is connected, but not so much in comparison to Mavericks (with 10.9.5 I had to reinstall the old Promise Pegasus Kext from 10.9.2 or previous).

The only problem I have is that, strangely, my trackpad doesn't accept 4 fingers gestures when the R4 is connected (1 to 3 fingers gestures works great). Do you have the same issue? I also noticed that after some moments of inactivity, the computer doesn't respond anymore. If YouTube is on, it keeps playing and only audio buttons respond: I have to presso CMD + Shift + Q to log out of the system to make it work again. I already disabled energy saving options.
When the system stops to work it seems that the trackpad is sending the 4 fingers swipe to change the show a different dekstop: very, very slowly my monitor shows this 4 fingers passage to Desktop 2.

My Pegasus R4 was accepted by the system from the start, I didn't have to install any utility. Do you suggest to install last utility and/or any firmware to solve my issues?

My configuration is very simple:

i7 4770K
GA Z87x UD5 TH
16Gb of RAM
GTX 770

It woks fine but I am not sure about the BIOS options.

Thanks for your time!

Update
I installed the last utility software and the situation has not changed. Plus I can't really change the settings of my R4, it seems that the Utility software doesn't connect to my R4 like it used to on my iMac. Maybe because OS X shows the thunderbolt ports as a PCI card.

Last edited:
Hi Hotsticker, What was your bios setup? when you were succed with your pegasus?

thanks

Hi gosss, I put the settings as recommended in this forum for my thunderbolt card

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-high-sierra-gc-alpine-ridge-thunderbolt-3.242355/page-3

Then I started into Windows and installed the drivers there to get it to recognize the Pegasus R4. After that I booted into OS X and it worked! I did have to power off the R4 once or twice if/when OS X didn't recognize it afterwards though. Hope this helps!

Hi Hotsticker, What was your bios setup? when you were succed with your pegasus?

thanks

I have question, on most of post when a i see bios configuration for thunderbolt, it is written thunderbolt(TM) support.
In my bios it is written thunderbolt(R) support, does it meens that my card thunderboltEX2 is not realy recognized?
And when the thunderboltEX2 card si well installed, we should see it in "about my mac/system report/thunderbolt " section , right?

Thanks.

YES! i succeded ! so my pegasus is recognized, but the thunderbolt card does no appear in system report. I just used the bios setup in this thread : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dentz-aorus-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme.211621/page-36

About the setup, what "legacy" does really mean? before i had "unique ID" in security level.

But i don't think it is optimal because with speed disk test i have speed about 500Mb/s but when i plug it to my mac mini thunderbolt port , i have about 700 MB/s. Do you have an idea?
And the promiss utility doesn't work.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back