Contribute
Register

Promise Pegasus R6 Not Showing on Hackintosh, But Working on Macbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2695 V4
Graphics
2x RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Good morning/evening!

Purchased a Pegasus Promise R6 a while back loaded to the brim with drives. Had good success using the Thunderbolt 3-2 adaptors with my MacBook but when it came to connecting them to my PC, the array wouldn't show.
The promise utility also doesn't open at all, let alone read that an array is connected.

I'm using a 9900K with 64GB of RAM, a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master w/ GC-Titan Ridge thunderbolt card and an RX6800. As it stands, the thunderbolt capabilities of my hack have been near perfect. Aside from the ports not working on my thunderbolt dock (i.e. usb, ethernet, etc. except for the thunderbolt passthrough port), Hotplug is working and devices like my NVMe M.2 external enclosure work great. It even works with my USB-C LG Ultrafine Ergo with USB ports enabled.
I'm happy to share my open core config to anyone who may have an idea. I'm configured as a MacPro7,1 (I know, I'd be better off as an iMac19,1 but I had major issues on that) and am on the latest version of macOS Monterey.

I guess I'm just looking for advice with this. Not sure how to continue!
Thanks so much. Any thoughts would be well appreciated!

Is Thunderbolt bus enabled? I think that these Pegasus "DAS" actually run as NAS with an Ethernet link embedded under Thunderbolt—meaning that you need Thunderbolt networking to work.

Hi there,

Did you manage to get a fix on this. I am having the same problem. It wont show up on my hackintosh. maybe we need the newer pegasus models for it to be compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back