Contribute
Register

Project: Quicksilver Power Hack G4 (i7 4790K / Z97)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear psycho_rocker,

To quote Phil Coulson:
- A Quicksilver G4 is not just a collectible, you know. People tend to confuse the words "new" and "improved."

Magnificent build :thumbup:

Update: benchmark scores, nothing fancy but quick enough for what I need.

what is the Benchmark score??

General system benchmarks from Geekbench 3

14693439668_5f386810d1.jpg

OpenGL test results from Unigine Heaven for nVidia Geforce GTX 770 graphics at 1080p

14907528453_b03983f864.jpg

Nice work man:headbang:

Cable's arrangement is very beautiful, I never seen before double fans in the case bottom.
It seem to be necessary for waste heat.

I made G4 case 7years before but I wanna try once more. Thanks for share.
See my thread if you feel like it...

Update: Some All-in-One water cooling options before I go the full custom setup.

incredible build. I love how you spent the time with your cables - totally worth the effort! I look forward to your custom watercooling setup. I saw the EK rad in the bottom under the corsair fans and got really excited for another WC Hack!

I initially bought a Hydro H105 from Corsair but it didn't fit, hoses were too short for my configuration. :(

14860029818_a9756f1770_z.jpg

I've now bought a H220 from Swiftech but it's on back order, no idea when it will be delivered but the hoses are longer and can be extended in needed. The unit is no longer available in the US, hopefully that will not cause any issues for getting it here in the UK.

14859957790_cbc855f5e0_z.jpg

I'll post another update with photos once it's finally delivered and fitted.

Edit: I've also fixed some of my image links in previous posts.

Such Clean, So beauty. :clap: I want my build to be like this! I'm doing an EATX Sawtooth :beachball: <--Represents my progress.

Awesome project far! Your cable management is off the charts on this one, great use of the otherwise useless space behind the plastic panels.

Update: Rear plastics and the All-in-One water cooling.

So I finally got around to cleaning up the rear plastics, not perfect but it's about as good as it's going to get.

15905067411_796275c67a_z.jpg

15719567338_7e95c0b469_z.jpg

The H220 from Swiftech finally arrived but it did not fit the layout of my configuration (just like the Hydro H105 from Corsair) as the hoses were again too short :(. I could have extended them but have decided to park water cooling for now. I may look into a low profile air cooler but need something which will not obstruct the Vengeance Pro memory modules from Corsair like the Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B from Scythe did as shown below.

14809785541_69d1fc2d56_z.jpg

It also needs to clear the power supply when the side panel is closed.

If anyone knows of such a cooler please let me know?

Update: Rear plastics and the All-in-One water cooling.

So I finally got around to cleaning up the rear plastics, not perfect but it's about as good as it's going to get.

15905067411_796275c67a_z.jpg

15719567338_7e95c0b469_z.jpg

The H220 from Swiftech finally arrived but it did not fit the layout of my configuration (just like the Hydro H105 from Corsair) as the hoses were again too short :(. I could have extended them but have decided to park water cooling for now. I may look into a low profile air cooler but need something which will not obstruct the Vengeance Pro memory modules from Corsair like the Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B from Scythe did as shown below.

14809785541_69d1fc2d56_z.jpg

It also needs to clear the power supply when the side panel is closed.

If anyone knows of such a cooler please let me know?
I'm currently in the same boat with a cooler, I'd like to use a powerful air cooler but just size doesn't make sense since your either going to hit your ram or the psu inside of the case.

I'd love to see if the water cooler you have can actually extend and reach tho, since water cooling seems to be nearly the only option for this due to the small size on the cpu itself. Plus your rad on the bottom like that is a really great idea that I may just copy myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back