Contribute
Register

Project: Quicksilver Power Hack G4 (i7 4790K / Z97)

Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent work! keep it up!

Heyy love the work man, looks great,

I have the same mobo and not sure what the best sound drivers to choose, which one did you choose,

thanks for the help in advance.

I just used Multibeast 6.5.0, I am however still on Mavericks.

Multibeast -> Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> ALC1150 & Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support

Update: Quicksilver Power Hack G4 WC Edition

So I’m making another attempt (3rd times a charm) into water-cooling by blatantly ripping off chinese_spy's water-cooling setup. I’ve ordered the near perfect EKWB AIO EK-XLC Predator 240, cannot wait until it arrives.

27197055592_b23e4aedfa_z.jpg

Other Components

EK-ACF Fitting 10/16mm G1/4 Black Nickel x 4
EK-AF Adapter 90° G1/4 Black Nickel x 2
PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced Tubing 15.9/9.5mm Clear x 2m
PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coil 5/8" Black x 1m

It will be a few months before I’ll be able to start the build so hang tight.

Last edited:
Hi Psycho_Rocker!
Don’t be shy, this is your project, especially considering the components to be involved :)
Anyway, I do not quite understand the reason why you have abandoned your previous watercooled setup. I think it can be fairly easy to complete. Now you have to remake the lower part case due to the fact that Predator doesn’t fit in the holes, you made before. Typical EKWB 240 rad has 280 mm length while Predator has 293 mm.
predator_vs_SE.jpg
Previously I made a sample drawing based on my sketch up (the pump with top painted yellow). All the stuff should fit well. Of course, the reservoir should be mounted into cd-rom bay.
wc-2.jpg
By the way, link to my project doesn't work :)))))

Last edited:
Anyway, I do not quite understand the reason why you have abandoned your previous watercooled setup. I think it can be fairly easy to complete. Now you have to remake the lower part case due to the fact that Predator doesn’t fit in the holes, you made before. Typical EKWB 240 rad has 280 mm length while Predator has 293 mm.

Previous water cooling setups just had too many limitations, the Corsair, hoses too short. The SwiftTech, again hoses too short and the cpu block was a little on the chunky side, yes the hoses on this one could have been lengthened but I just decided it was not the cooler for me. Thanks for the comparison though, you might be right, but I never said it would be easy, plus I'm too excited to think my 3rd attempt will not work.

By the way, link to my project doesn't work :)))))

Fixed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back