Contribute
Register

[Project] HP Z440 Workstation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I am trying to install macOS High Sierra on my Z440 for several days without success
I have created a USB stick with Unibeast.
The stick is recognized but remains stuck see picture
I tried different UEFI64 driver without success
Can someone help me please, I despair so slowly

My Hardware: Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3 3.5 GHz , 64 GB RAM ,Radeon RX 580

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    808.3 KB · Views: 223
Hi.

Do you have Intel Xenon E5 v3 or V4?

I also want to install High Sierra on my Z440 workstation.
I have Intel Xeon E5 1620 v4, 16 GB 2400Mhz and AMD FirePro W2100.
What is your BIOS configuration?

My attempts to install using hidinmask files are failed.

Any ideas?

Edit.

I always finish in the same place.
This is my Clover folder.

I don't believe AMD FirePro W2100 is naively supported video card by macOS, my attached clover configuration is for Nvidia GTX series cards and uses the Web driver. as far as I know Nvidia Quadro k420 or k620 works quite nicely with MacOS.

Hi I have been following this and other threads on the Z440 with interest. I am brand new to hacking the Mac and have just got my hands on a HP Z440 with the series 4 Intel Xeon Chip and I have updated to the latest HP BIOS. Has anyone got Catalina running on theirs? Also I was wondering what recommendations folks have for a good video editing video card setup for Dual 4K Monitors. I will primarily be using Final Cut Pro with dual screens...The current machine I have has two Quadro M2000 cards in it and I am looking at moving to something stronger for video editing.

Hi can I ask if you had setup propper power Management.. im struggling with generating an SSDT for my HP z620 cpu xeon E5-1650 my machine runs at multiplier 32 speed all the time .

not easy for me when the ssdtPRGen. report this :

gDataPath: /Users/jeppecohrt/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data

System information: Mac OS X 10.15.5 (19F101)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 0 @ 3.20GHz'
Warning: No ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT!

Using assumed Scope (\_SB) {}

Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacPro6,1' with board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6]
Sandy Bridge Core E5-1650 processor [0x206D7] setup [0x0402]
With a maximum TDP of 130 Watt, as specified by Intel
Warning: Low Frequency Mode is 0 (unknown/unconfirmed)

Now using 1600 MHz for Server/Desktop processors

Number logical CPU's: 12 (Core Frequency: 3200 MHz)

Number of Turbo States: 6 (3300-3800 MHz)

Number of P-States: 23 (1600-3800 MHz)

Injected C-States for C000 (C1,C3,C6,C7)

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0402 instead of 0x0a02)

Error: board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6] not supported by Sandy Bridge – check SMBIOS data / use the -c option

Hi I have been following this and other threads on the Z440 with interest. I am brand new to hacking the Mac and have just got my hands on a HP Z440 with the series 4 Intel Xeon Chip and I have updated to the latest HP BIOS. Has anyone got Catalina running on theirs? Also I was wondering what recommendations folks have for a good video editing video card setup for Dual 4K Monitors. I will primarily be using Final Cut Pro with dual screens...The current machine I have has two Quadro M2000 cards in it and I am looking at moving to something stronger for video editing.
Same for me, I'm brand new to hacking Macs too. I also just got my hands on a Z440 station with the 1650 v4 chip and a Quadro M5000. I would like to multi-boot the Hackintosh along with the already working Ubuntu 16.01 and Windows 10 OSs. I have a separate SSD which I'd like to designate to the Hackintosh entirely. Preferably, I'd like to use OpenCore but I have only found info about Hackintoshing a Z440 using Clover. What are the critical parts I need to focus on to make my machine run? Any tips & guides would be greatly appreciated.

just got my hands on a Z440 station with the 1650 v4 chip and a Quadro M5000. I would like to multi-boot the Hackintosh along with the already working Ubuntu 16.01 and Windows 10
The M in your M5000 stands for Maxwell. It has no drivers in Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur. You might try High Sierra and install Web drivers from Nvidia. Not sure how well it will work but probably worth a try.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

You'll also want to read through the posts by GoingBald in the multibooting forum.

To learn about which Graphics Cards will work with newer macOS versions:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back