i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi, I have a problem, practically today I wanted to install hackintosh for the first time on my pc (which has no operating system), the specifications you can find in my profile, the problem is that, when I start the boot of macOS High Sierra, at loading the Apple is interrupted by making a small prohibition symbol appear. Can you help me?

PS. in the BIOS of my motherboard I did not find the system os to set it on "other os"

hi, I have a problem, practically today I wanted to install hackintosh for the first time on my pc (which has no operating system), the specifications you can find in my profile, the problem is that, when I start the boot of macOS High Sierra, at loading the Apple is interrupted by making a small prohibition symbol appear. Can you help me?

PS. in the BIOS of my motherboard I did not find the system os to set it on "other os"

i have the same problem, already tried switch ram slots, usb ports, onboard vga, cpus=1 but to no avail. verbose shows "still waiting for root" with unreadable texts

edit: added screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Someone who could help us kindly?

Attachments

• 2018-07-04 17.29.18.jpg
    2018-07-04 17.29.18.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 2018-07-04 17.29.33.jpg
    2018-07-04 17.29.33.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 142
How i can resolve?

Still.png

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

View attachment 339168

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

In my PC unfortunately there are no USB 2.0 ports but the pendrive is, I tried with several pen drives to fix but nothing (all 2.0) even in different USB ports, fast boot is disabled, as regards the rest as:

You should explain me how to do it

Thanks for your patience!

In my PC unfortunately there are no USB 2.0 ports but the pendrive is, I tried with several pen drives to fix but nothing (all 2.0) even in different USB ports, fast boot is disabled, as regards the rest as:
Try with the flash drive in a USB2 hub.

Specs said:
- 3 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 6 USB 2.0 ports) (Intel® Z370) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Intel® Z370) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (ASMedia ASM1074 hub) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x Front Panel Type C USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (ASMedia ASM1074 hub)

Your motherboard has both Intel (supported) and ASMedia (unsupported) USB controllers - Use an Intel port.
Put GenericUSBXHCI.kext Into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

You should explain me how to do it
You should use the forum Search tool.

I have to create a file with this name and this extension?
No.
Download the file and put it into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back