Contribute
Register

Prohibited Symbol (couldn't allocate runtime area) error on installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no luck, though I missed the part about compiling Clover from source. Sigh. I'd rather avoid that, but I have an entirely new error so I don't think this will get fixed until I do that part.

I also noticed his project began because of the number of PCI devices causing the problem. Right now I only have one, not two, much less three. Eventually I will add a second and third card, but I'm wondering if I'm even taking the right approach now.
aptiofix linked in post 6 works for me on my Asrock X99M Killer.

Still no luck, though I missed the part about compiling Clover from source. Sigh. I'd rather avoid that, but I have an entirely new error so I don't think this will get fixed until I do that part.

I also noticed his project began because of the number of PCI devices causing the problem. Right now I only have one, not two, much less three. Eventually I will add a second and third card, but I'm wondering if I'm even taking the right approach now.

Attach Clover folder from EFI/ Remove Themes folder and ZIP.

Attach Clover folder from EFI/ Remove Themes folder and ZIP.
Hate to be an imbecile, but can you explain what you mean by that a bit more?
Thanks.

I updated my motherboard and did everything else so far except compile Clover from source and I'm still having the same problem.

aptiofix linked in post 6 works for me on my Asrock X99M Killer.

So in that post, you said you replaced Aptiofix with Test2. I just want to ensure I understood what you did correctly.

So in that post, you said you replaced Aptiofix with Test2. I just want to ensure I understood what you did correctly.
Test2 has been replaced with free2000 - updated and better version.

Ok, but again, does that go in as an addition, or in place of Aptiofix?

Ok, so does free2000 go in the folder like Test2 did, or does it replace Aptiofix? How does it do that?

Now I am getting somewhere and have a completely different problem. I did a bunch of research here and found a lot of conflicting advice. After it starts to boot into safe mode, it gets all the way to [PCI Configuration Begin] and hangs there for a while before it reboots. There are all kinds of people here that have had similar problems, it seems, but there is a lot of conflicting advice on how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back