Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H110-i
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
R7 370 strix 2GB
Ok so i recently learned about hackintoshes and decided to make one myself. Here's the problem... When i first tried installing MacOS (after activating USB injection and ownership) i got a ''prohibited logo appearing''. Did a bit of research (correct me if im wrong) but apparently that can be fixed by changing sata mode from IDE to AHCI.

What I dont get is that on my UEFI bios settings, there is no option to change sata mode for either of my drives ( both HDD )
My motherboard is a H110 series. it does not show PCH options in advanced options. Just sata configuration that allows me to either disable the drives or enable hot plugging.

Thanks!

Sry for bad english not native :p

Ok so i recently learned about hackintoshes and decided to make one myself. Here's the problem... When i first tried installing MacOS (after activating USB injection and ownership) i got a ''prohibited logo appearing''. Did a bit of research (correct me if im wrong) but apparently that can be fixed by changing sata mode from IDE to AHCI.

What I dont get is that on my UEFI bios settings, there is no option to change sata mode for either of my drives ( both HDD )
My motherboard is a H110 series. it does not show PCH options in advanced options. Just sata configuration that allows me to either disable the drives or enable hot plugging.

Thanks!

Sry for bad english not native :p

The new motherboards like yours have removed the IDE mode and now defaults to AHCI mode for HDD. That's why there is no option to choose.

Your problem is probably not related to this setting.

The new motherboards like yours have removed the IDE mode and now defaults to AHCI mode for HDD. That's why there is no option to choose.

Your problem is probably not related to this setting.

Thanks! I tryied booting in verbosa and found no errors until the sign appeared... At that point, the text became unreadable... Like there is 3/4 of the letters broken... I cant see what the peoblem is because of that.

Could the problwm be related to the graphics card?

Thanks! I tryied booting in verbosa and found no errors until the sign appeared... At that point, the text became unreadable... Like there is 3/4 of the letters broken... I cant see what the peoblem is because of that.

Could the problwm be related to the graphics card?

From what i can try to see, the last line in verbosa indicates

Still waiting for root device

From what i can try to see, the last line in verbosa indicates
Still waiting for root device

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Any idea where i could find the appropriate kext?

Any idea where i could find the appropriate kext?
The USB controllers are unlikely to be the cause of your problem as Gigabyte usually use Intel, what USB controllers does your motherboard have ?

The USB controllers are unlikely to be the cause of your problem as Gigabyte usually use Intel, what USB controllers does your motherboard have ?
Where could i find that?

Where could i find that?
Seriously, you focus on the most unlikely cause of your problem ?
Read the rest of Post #5 and if none of that helps then the issue may just be your USB controllers.

Seriously, you focus on the most unlikely cause of your problem ?
Read the rest of Post #5 and if none of that helps then the issue may just be your USB controllers.

I tryed the other stuff already... It got me to be able to show four more lines in verbose and then came ro the same issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back