Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
image.jpg
I am getting error when I updating to high sierra. It shows a prohibited sign. When I'm booting with -v it says
"error loading kernal cache (0xe)",
"Boot failed, Sleeping for 10 secinds before exiting. "

Please help me..

Last edited:
Might be a clover thing. Make sure you have the latest clover, or something pretty recent > 4150.
I am using the latest version 4220

Ok.. latest FakeSMC.kext? you have latest apfs.efi? CLOVER/EFI/Kexts/other pretty clean? ACPI/patched pretty clean? Dropped MATS if your firmware has it? Are you upgrading a working Sierra system? Is this on the boot to the installer?

I'm upgrading the current system from 10.12.6 to 10.13.

I'm in the latest version of 4220.

Other/ contains fakesmc, lilu, integraphicsfixup, and applealc.

I don't know that apfs.efi and fakesmc is updated to the latest version.

I'm on FakeSMC.kext v 6.21-311-g2958f55.1723. Earlier versions may work. You could temporarily remove lilu, intelgraphicsfixup and applealc until you get booted then worry about graphics and sound. apfs.efi didn't change after about beta8.

I'm on FakeSMC.kext v 6.21-311-g2958f55.1723. Earlier versions may work. You could temporarily remove lilu, intelgraphicsfixup and applealc until you get booted then worry about graphics and sound. apfs.efi didn't change after about beta8.
I don't have any other option. Can I delete those kext from the clover boot menu. Because I can't access desktop.

Can't boot safe mode (-x) or to recovery partition? Recovery partition will give you terminal to make edits. I suggest always having two independently bootable drives for this sort of troubleshooting. I have an SSD for main and an HDD for data, and both are bootable.

But I'm confused. I thought you couldn't load the installer UI. Now it sounds like you ran the installer, converted to 10.13, and now you can't load 10.13? So when you boot clover now you no longer see a "install macOS from <drive>" option?

Can't boot safe mode (-x) or to recovery partition? Recovery partition will give you terminal to make edits. I suggest always having two independently bootable drives for this sort of troubleshooting. I have an SSD for main and an HDD for data, and both are bootable.

But I'm confused. I thought you couldn't load the installer UI. Now it sounds like you ran the installer, converted to 10.13, and now you can't load 10.13? So when you boot clover now you no longer see a "install macOS from <drive>" option?
Yeah I updates the initial installation was completed athen it said the computer will automatically restart in number of seconds. After the restart It shows the probited sign. I can clearly see that it is is hibernate sleep because I have an option on clover that says cancel hibernation wake. But when I click on that nothing is happening just restarting the computer.
I can't even open recovery partition when I click and boot into recovery partition it stills shows the prohibited sign. The same happens when i try to access using the safe mode. I think the installation still not completed.

I had the same prohibited sign issue. I have tried both clean install & update from sierra 10.12.6.
Tried -v; -x but all of them return the same error, as mentioned on the screenshot of the first post. Basically system installs fine, works for a 3-4 days and then suddenly error comes up out of nowhere. It happened two times already. I have read that people replacing osxoptiofix2drv, that is all fine but how can you actually replace the file when you can't really boot into system.
I was basically forced to go back to Sierra which works fine. Has it something to do with apfs system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back