i5-12400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried to do direct upgrade from sierra to high sierra and followed the help https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ "Update Directly to macOs High Sierra (APFS) but at restart I always get the sign of prohibition and with -v this. How can I fix it? thank you
DSC_0636.JPG DSC_0637.JPG

I tried to do direct upgrade from sierra to high sierra and followed the help https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ "Update Directly to macOs High Sierra (APFS) but at restart I always get the sign of prohibition and with -v this. How can I fix it? thank you
View attachment 281838 View attachment 281839

I had the same prohibited sign.
Have you installed the latest Clover 4220 and have you copy in the drivers64UEFI folder the apfs.efi file from /usr/standalone/i386 ?
If not, you must re-install HS again and before reboot do that in EFI.

Yes, i have installed last Clover 4220 and idownloaded the apfs.efi file as suggested in the guide and copied it to efi/clover/drivers64uefi.
Now, however, at boot i always get the banned sign either if i choose boot macos instal disk, either if i select the old ssd with os sierra 10.12.6 or if i select recovery disk or hd where i did the carbon copy system clone .
It only works win 10 on other ssd place than the pc ios in dual boot.
How can i fax it?

Yes, i have installed last Clover 4220 and idownloaded the apfs.efi file as suggested in the guide and copied it to efi/clover/drivers64uefi.
Now, however, at boot i always get the banned sign either if i choose boot macos instal disk, either if i select the old ssd with os sierra 10.12.6 or if i select recovery disk or hd where i did the carbon copy system clone .
It only works win 10 on other ssd place than the pc ios in dual boot.
How can i fax it?
Have you try to install HS with an USB key instead of directly updating Sierra?

Have you try to install HS with an USB key instead of directly updating Sierra?
no, if you tell me how I should go try it.
is it possible even without unibeast and multibeast?

Just now I had a fresh install of High Sierra on my macintosh. Besides the tips I found on this forum, I also found out that I have to connect the USB installer to a USB 3.0 port to start up. Otherwise the install boot will fail.

thanks for the suggestions I had but, in order to avoid further problems, I expect the output of unibeast and multibeast for high sierra and in the meantime use win10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back