Contribute
Register

Prohibited sign booting USB installer BigSur 11.4 (Asus TUF Gaming Z490 Plus / OC 0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Z690 ELITE DDR4
CPU
i9-13900KF
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Hi,

I've been trying to get to the Disk Utility in order to install macOS for my very first Hackintosh. After dozens of EFI modifications, I was not able to get my mouse and keyboard working once arrived at the Recovery Mode.
By digging more, I found that the problem was the USB ports.

Following some threads, carefully checking my BIOS settings, and applying the advice from people on another thread, I've been able to get more troubleshooting information.

My machine is fairly simple:

- Asus TUF-GAMING Z490 PLUS (Wifi)
- Intel i9 10900K (Along with a Kraken x63)
- Samsung EVO 980 1 To

I have no other parts.

I'm now stuck at the end of some USB initialization, then come the prohibited sign:

The last line is:
Code:
matching deferred by IOUSBHOSTHIDdevice

I've tried the USB Installer on every port available. Same for the keyboard and the mouse.
I'm kinda lost.

Thanks for your help!

See the EFI attached below.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm happy to find a thread with that motherboard!
It's my first time trying to build a Hackintosh. I've carefully followed Open Core guide to create a bootable key.

I've spent now 10 hours trying to figure out why the mouse is not working, and why the keyboard's backlight is flickering once I'm on the recovery page to install MacOs BigSur 11.4 I've got no input from them, so I assume there is something wrong on the USB side (I've tried every ports)

The only difference is that I have a 10900K (no external GPU).

Here is a screen right before it goes to the Recovery from the bootable key.

View attachment 522027

Any idea?
Thanks!
your hardware profile should say "Intel UHD630"

Hi there,

It's my first time trying to build a Hackintosh. I've carefully followed Open Core guide to create a bootable key.

I've spent now 10 hours trying to figure out why the mouse is not working, and why the keyboard's backlight is flickering once I'm on the recovery page to install MacOs BigSur 11.4 I've got no input from them, so I assume there is something wrong on the USB side (I've tried every ports)

View attachment 522027

Any idea?
Thanks!
looks like some form of usb issue

is this when booting from your usb stick? have you managed to install macOS yet?

That's when booting from the USB stick, in order to install macOS. Sadly I cannot go further as no devices seem to work except the USB stick at some point.
So, I'm not able to start any macOS installation.

That's when booting from the USB stick, in order to install macOS. Sadly I cannot go further as no devices seem to work except the USB stick at some point.
So, I'm not able to start any macOS installation.
try a different usb2.0 stick to see if that helps

Hi there,

View attachment 522027

Any idea?
Thanks!
Okay I have the same board as you (Z490) so I could probably help.

First things first, if all else fails default back to the USBInjectAll kext. I’ve experienced a number of poor working issues with USBMap.kext and only this resolved it for me. In addition make sure you have SSDT-UIAC.aml and XhciPortLimit enabled.

Since you are using 10900K, the IGPU settings should work. You need to use 0000C59B for AAPL,ig-platform-id and C59B0000 for the device-id. Also need to add these:

Key: AAPL,slot-name
Value: Internal@0,2,0
Type: STRING

Key: framebuffer-patch-enable
Value: 01000000
Type: DATA

Key: framebuffer-stolenmem
Value: 00003001

Key: framebuffer-unifiedmem
Value: 00000080

Key: framebuffer-fbmem
Value: 00009000

Key: device_type
Value: Display Controller

Key: model
Value: Intel UHD Graphics 630

Next, set SecureBoot mode to Disabled. And before you try the new EFI settings, always remember to run ResetNVRAM first.

Okay I have the same board as you (Z490) so I could probably help.

First things first, if all else fails default back to the USBInjectAll kext. I’ve experienced a number of poor working issues with USBMap.kext and only this resolved it for me. In addition make sure you have SSDT-UIAC.aml and XhciPortLimit enabled.

Since you are using 10900K, the IGPU settings should work. You need to use 0000C59B for AAPL,ig-platform-id and C59B0000 for the device-id. Also need to add these:

Key: AAPL,slot-name
Value: Internal@0,2,0

Key: framebuffer-patch-enable
Value: 01000000

Key: framebuffer-stolenmem
Value: 00003001

Key: framebuffer-unifiedmem
Value: 00000080

Key: framebuffer-fbmem
Value: 00009000

Key: device_type
Value: Display Controller

Key: model
Value: Intel UHD Graphics 630

Next, set SecureBoot mode to Disabled. And before you try the new EFI settings, always remember to run ResetNVRAM first.
Thank you for your reply.
How am I supposed to produce the SSDT-UIAC without any OS installed? Unless I have to use it like that, the default template?

How am I supposed to produce the SSDT-UIAC without any OS installed? Unless I have to use it like that, the default template?
You can try using the default template, it should be okay.

How did you create your USB installer ?

You can try using the default template, it should be okay.

It's looping here.

IMG_20210618_095755.jpg

How did you create your USB installer ?

I've created the USB installer using a genuine iMac (late 2013, Catalina 10.15.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back