Contribute
Register

Prohibited sign and couldn't allocate runtime area - need help. (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 Tomahawk
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hey Guys!
Yesterday i finally lunched Mojave from hard drive...once. After three prohibited signs it launched. After then - every boot ends this this sign. I can launch Mojave from hard drive using USB bootable. So the issue can be in config.plist (attached) or in drivers64UEFI folder. In -v mode "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error exist every time. Kexts, drivers and config is attached. Any ideas?
Thank you!

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2018-11-22 o 06.50.55.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2018-11-22 o 06.50.55.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Zrzut ekranu 2018-11-22 o 06.51.12.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2018-11-22 o 06.51.12.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot 2018-11-22 at 06.53.32.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-22 at 06.53.32.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 139
  • config.plist
    11.3 KB · Views: 147
You have both AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, the two are mutually exclusive.
Use one or the other but not both - Suggest delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi,

You have both AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, the two are mutually exclusive.
Use one or the other but not both - Suggest delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi,

I tought, that OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is dedicated for MSI motherboards. Or right now AptioMemoryFix-64.efi is enough even for MSI motherboards?

EDIT: leaving just one (OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi or AptioMemoryFix-64.efi) still causes same error.
EDIT2: after leaving just OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi system restart just after apple logo shows. When booting with -v mode system starts.
How to config this properly?

Last edited:
FWIW, I changed from OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 (installed by HS MultiBeast) to AptioMemoryFix-64 (using Clover Configurator) just now after searching for a fix (tonymacx86 search tool IS your friend!). That seemed to fix it for me.

I started having random instances of this issue when I activated IGPU (but have RX580). This was recommended Mojave fix to get Preview to not lockup/freeze, & also to get FinalCut to not crash. That change in UEFI started adding the instability & runtime area error. Fingers crossed! Good luck!

I am having the same issue with my new Mojave Unibeast. What's the fix here?
I have tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi but no luck
See my post right before yours... at least that worked for me. BTW, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (from what I understand) is now OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi...

See my post right before yours... at least that worked for me. BTW, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (from what I understand) is now OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi...

Thank you very much. I figured out what was my problem.

The primary problem was in my BIOS setting. XHCI Hand-off was disabled somehow (it was set to Enabled first, somehow it was changed)

The secondary problem was in my USB stick, I was using some random brand USB 3.0 (32GB), and I ran into so many weird issues with that USB stick, like UniBeast installation to USB takes forever, sometimes computer couldn't recognize the USB as a start up disk etc.. now I switched to my old school SanDisk USB 2.0 stick, everything went fine very very smoothly. The USB problem actually was a huge obstacle for me to realize XHCI Hand-off wasn't set correclty.

Anyway, thanks all for your advise.

FWIW, I changed from OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 (installed by HS MultiBeast) to AptioMemoryFix-64 (using Clover Configurator) just now after searching for a fix (tonymacx86 search tool IS your friend!). That seemed to fix it for me.

I started having random instances of this issue when I activated IGPU (but have RX580). This was recommended Mojave fix to get Preview to not lockup/freeze, & also to get FinalCut to not crash. That change in UEFI started adding the instability & runtime area error. Fingers crossed! Good luck!
Did you ever solve your problem. I started exhibiting the same issue after enabling iGPU

Did you ever solve your problem. I started exhibiting the same issue after enabling iGPU
I think I posted this somewhere else, but set the iGPU to Auto, use latest Lilu and Whatevergreen, and noVPAJpeg kexts, and then you should be OK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back