Contribute
Register

Prohibited Sign AFTER Successful El Capitan Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ASUS Strix OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I just built my computer with the following specs:

ASUS Z170-Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake Processor
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX GeForce 980ti

I created my bootable USB with Unibeast and can install the operating system on my Samsung 950 Pro SSD perfectly fine with the NVMeGeneric.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, and GenericUSBXHCI, and got to the desktop after the first reboot. This is repeatable. However, once I use Multibeast to do the post installation steps, specifically the Quick Start UEFI Boot Mode option and restart and boot to the clover UEFI screen to boot to that 950 Pro SSD drive, it loads the apple logo and then goes to the prohibited circle with a line symbol. This happens no matter if I install the proper kexts at the desktop (the one time I am able to get there), or if I boot to the USB Installer’s UEFI and try to load the 950 Pro SSD drive from there. I used nv_disable=1 to install and to boot to the desktop the first time. It’s once I reboot after installing the UEFI Boot Mode that is causing the reboot to go to the prohibited sign. Is there any way to help me with this?

No matter what kexts I install, drivers through multibeast, or anything, it cannot be booted to again at all.

You might want to throw in the -v flag so you can get some msgs back around where's it's crapping out. I had a similar thing happening to me that I just fixed. I disabled the onboard integrated graphics on my mobo and it's been booting fine since.

Hey there! Thanks so much for the response! I'm totally desperate to get it working. I did try the -v flag earlier today and had no luck. It stopped here before eventually having the prohibited symbol show up and distort everything horribly.

IMG_1002.jpg

This happened to you though? Like after the original successful installation to your HFS drive? I thought that onboard graphics were compatible as of 10.11.4 too.

When you say disable onboard graphics, do you mean setting the graphic config to pcie in the BIOS?

Last edited:
Hi

I am using clover and had the same problem. You need to copy FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from your USB to EFI/Clover/kext/other on you hard drive. your EfI drive path to kext might me bit different as you are using mutibeast.

Delete all other folders only leave "other" folder and copy the above to files and restart, it should boot ok.

best of luck

Awesome! I'm glad there's definitely a fix. Thank you so much! I'll definitely try that when I get home to use the computer to confirm if this solution worked for me!

I do have a quick question for clarification though. You do mean to have me leave just the "other" folder and delete all other folders in the HFS SSD's EFI/Clover/kexts, right? But what about the USB, ethernet, sound, NVMe etc. kexts that get put into the 10.11 folder by KextBeast and MultiBeast? Should I copy those kexts into the "other" folder and then delete all the other folders besides "other"? Or could I put these new kexts you mentioned (FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement) into the 10.11 folder?

I also thought that MultiBeast did install the FakeSMC.kext to the right place in the "Quick Start" section, which was another reason why I was pretty confused why it wasn't working.

Thanks again, can't wait to try it! I'll post again once I figure out if it works.

I feel sorrow as I must admit that none of the suggestions above fixed the problem. Do you think it is because I am using an NVMe SSD? I wouldn’t understand why that is the problem because I’ve seen plenty of people do it, but I’m desperate.
Once I get to the desktop the first time, I am never able to get to it again. It makes no sense. Tt should be working. After the second half of the install, when I boot to the hard drive from the USB, it never works again. Even if I try to boot to the SSD from the USB. I don’t understand. I also tried a new USB installer with the updated Unibeast and also updated Multibeast and still no luck; it’s the same issue again: the prohibited sign. I’m desperate for suggestions, I don’t know why this isn’t working. The USB only boots to the SSD to complete the second half of installation. Once it’s done “Setting Up My Mac,” I can’t get back to it. Please, anybody help. I’m feeling at a total loss as to why it’s not working when it should be. I did attempt to copy my EFI partition contents to the SSD’s EFI as well and nothing.

I feel sorrow as I must admit that none of the suggestions above fixed the problem. Do you think it is because I am using an NVMe SSD? I wouldn’t understand why that is the problem because I’ve seen plenty of people do it, but I’m desperate.
Once I get to the desktop the first time, I am never able to get to it again. It makes no sense. Tt should be working. After the second half of the install, when I boot to the hard drive from the USB, it never works again. Even if I try to boot to the SSD from the USB. I don’t understand. I also tried a new USB installer with the updated Unibeast and also updated Multibeast and still no luck; it’s the same issue again: the prohibited sign. I’m desperate for suggestions, I don’t know why this isn’t working. The USB only boots to the SSD to complete the second half of installation. Once it’s done “Setting Up My Mac,” I can’t get back to it. Please, anybody help. I’m feeling at a total loss as to why it’s not working when it should be. I did attempt to copy my EFI partition contents to the SSD’s EFI as well and nothing.

Under AI Tweaker, try changing ASUS MultiCore Enhancement from Auto to Disable if using a CPU that allows for overclocking.
[Auto] - ASUS optimized core ratio Turbo settings at default processor speeds.
[Disable] - Intel default Turbo core ratio settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back