Contribute
Register

Prohibited after executing MultiBeast - Clover on USB altered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG Z390 Pro Carbon-Clover
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Hi there!

I managed to install macOS Mojave on my new PC (i7-8700K, 1080 ti, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon). It booted fine until I executed MultiBeast 10.4.0. After that, I didn't go straight back into macOS, instead I went on to install Windows. When I came back to macOS, I was greeted with the Prohibited Sign. I deleted the Clover files on my EFI partition, but the problem persists. I can't even reinstall macOS - also prohibited. So my guess is that the Clover configuration was also altered on my USB stick? If so, how can I restore the original config? Or is it possible that the Windows installation messed up my BIOS settings?

Thanks for your help!
Markus

This is usually caused by UEFI/BIOS settings changed by the Win10 installer to ensure "optimum" settings for running Win10. Check your UEFI/BIOS settings. See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/recommended-bios-uefi-settings-for-beginners.130920/

Hi!

I followed the instructions in the link you gave me and re-checked the proposed UEFI settings from the Mojave install guide. No difference.

In the attached photo, you can see the error message I get when starting in verbose mode. I'd also like to attach the Clover logs i've taken with pressing F2. However, what exactly should I upload? Only the preboot.log or more?

Greetings, Markus

IMG_20181113_171034.jpg

Last edited:
The problem here is probably caused by your board firmware using memory allocation addresses that Mac OS bootloader wants to use. Try adding the aptiofix driver - you may have to test several of them to find one that works best for your hardware/firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back