HP 657094-001 - 00.03.08 Rev.A - OpenCore UEFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[UPDATE]
Okay, lets start with "I think I made some progress today". I have been playing around with Sierra and El Capitan over the past week trying to understand how El Capitan could run the MSI N460GTC Cyclone 1GD5 but Sierra couldn't. The solution was that this graphics card doesn't need web drivers and I shouldn't have been trying to install them. Graphics at this point work 100%. I only installed the latest Cuda drivers which I think helps. Im not sure if they do or don't.

My current clover settings are as follow

SMBios: iMac 14.2
Inject Nvidia

After installation I ran MultiBeast and selected the following:

Drivers >

Misc - FakeSMC
Network - RealtekRT8111 v2.2.1

Bootloaders >

Clover v2.3k r3766 LBM

Customize >

Graphics Config - Inject NVIDIA
System Definitions - The following worked fine for me either Mac Pro 5,1 or 14.2 I am sure other will work just fine but I'm happy with this unless a issue happens that I need to change it to resolve.

I also added my DSDT to the EFI that I downloaded from here. I think it works with or without.

Okay how about what isn't working at this point......

USB 3.0 - Vaguely looked into this. Will save this for another long day.
?Sound - Sound is currently working thanks to VooDooHDA. I tried a few different things and this was the only that worked.
Sleep - Haven't looked into yet
Handoff & Continuity - It seems I will need to replace my Rosewill in order to get this to work. Not really important to me.

I am not sure if my USB 3.0 ports are running as 3.0 ports. I haven't looked into that yet. Sound isn't working at all yet. The Realtek RTL892 kext will not work. I managed to get voodoo drivers to work in El Capitan but I haven't went that far yet with Sierra (Searching for a more natural easily updatable solution. Other than that everything is good.

[Original Post]

Hey folks,

Managed to get Sierra installed on my P55A-UD3 Rev. 2 F11. Using the USB installer to boot into system, currently the only thing working is ethernet (able to download from App Store and use iMessaging). Currently I am trying to figure out my graphics before conquering anything else. I tried running the Nvidia web install but that failed to load for me. I am also trying to figure out what is the best route for my MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5. Drivers or some kind of DSDT edit?

Last edited:
Hey folks,

Managed to get Sierra installed on my P55A-UD3 Rev. 2 F11. Using the USB installer to boot into system, currently the only thing working is ethernet (able to download from App Store and use iMessaging). Currently I am trying to figure out my graphics before conquering anything else. I tried running the Nvidia web install but that failed to load for me. I am also trying to figure out what is the best route for my MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5. Drivers or some kind of DSDT edit?

I have a similar board to you (P55A-UD4P) and have been unable to successfully install Sierra so far using either the Direct Install method or using a UniBeast created USB. Can you please tell me what boot flags you used to get the USB Installer to run the Sierra Installer, and any modifications to the EFI folder files on the USB. All I did was run UniBeast and add my custom DSDT to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched and get constant kernel panics when attempting to load the Sierra Installer.

If possible, could you also post your EFI/CLOVER folder (minus themes) as a .zip so I can try and diagnose my problem.
Thanks

I have a similar board to you (P55A-UD4P) and have been unable to successfully install Sierra so far using either the Direct Install method or using a UniBeast created USB. Can you please tell me what boot flags you used to get the USB Installer to run the Sierra Installer, and any modifications to the EFI folder files on the USB. All I did was run UniBeast and add my custom DSDT to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched and get constant kernel panics when attempting to load the Sierra Installer.

If possible, could you also post your EFI/CLOVER folder (minus themes) as a .zip so I can try and diagnose my problem.
Thanks
The only thing I did was once I booted into clover I selected dsdt and Nvidia injection in the menus. I had to play around a bit until it work. Also updating my bios to the latest bios helped a lot as well. I just downgraded to El Capitan because it works the best with my graphics card and a few other things. Once I get a solid build out of El Capitan I'll upgrade to Sierra again.

Anyone running this board know of a Inject or EFI way of getting ALC892 to run?

My current clover settings are as follow

SMBios: iMac 14.2
Inject Nvidia & nvda_drv=1

It seems weird that you have both Nvidia Injection and Drivers enabled. Did you require both of these boot flags to run the Sierra Installer, and are they both required to successfully boot Sierra (i.e. can you remove one and still boot)?

You are correct, I used clover config to remove nvda_drv=1 and it working fine.

For all intended purposes I am happy with this system as it is. My machine was collecting dust since Ive built it because I actually went and bought a Mac Mini (Mid-2011) and ran that beast until it finally died a month ago. I am glad to see progress has been made in this community and I can run the latest OS on this system after some work and many many reinstalls. Cheers guys.

System Version: macOS 10.12.1 (16B2657)
Version: Darwin 16.1.0
Boot Volume: Redacted
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: Redacted
User Name: Take A Guess
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
System Integrity Protection: Enabled
Time since boot: 10:59

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Bus Speed: 533 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.15f2
Serial Number (system): Redacted
Hardware UUID: Redacted

Chipset Model: MSI GeForce GTX 460
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0e22
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 70.04.13.00.00
Metal: Supported

Displays:
HP 23xi:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: Doesn't Matter
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Television: Yes ? This confuses me

Interesting thing I noticed. Find My Mac disables every time I reboot. It works fine when activated but when I reboot I have to enable it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back